|Member of the Council of the Northwest Territories for Broadview|
September 16, 1885 – November 5, 1887
|Preceded by||John Claude Hamilton|
Yeovil, Somerset, England
|Died||November 5, 1887 (aged 43–44)
Regina, North West Territories
|Spouse(s)||Isabella Robertson Blaikie|
Marshallsay was born at Yeovil, Somerset, England, the son of Charles Marshallsay and received his education at Godalming, Surrey. He also attended Battersea College (where he was a Queen's scholar), Saltley College and a school of art in South Kensington, London. He then entered the teaching profession, but in 1868 would enter the revenue department, raising to be a divisional officer. In this capacity he travelled around to England, Scotland and Wales. Upon his arrival in Canada, he was one of the first settlers at Whitewood, Saskatchewan.
He served as a customs officer, and as a merchant and farmer. Also a member of his local education board, he was appointed a justice of the peace in 1884. In 1872, he married Isabella Robertson Blaikie.
He was elected in 1885 to the Council of the North West Territories, and served until his death on November 5, 1887. During his time on the council he compiled the North West Territories School Act of 1885, and lobbied for a bridges to cross the Qu'Appelle River and Pipestone River. He resided at Whitewood, Saskatchewan, where he was active in the Church of England, and ran an accounting office. He also farmed in Qu'Appelle. He died of typhoid fever at Regina in 1887.
|1885 Northwest Territories election|
- "North-West Territories: Council and Legislative Assembly, 1876-1905" (PDF). Saskatchewan Archives. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-09-30.
- Robertson, John Palmerston (1887), A political manual of the province of Manitoba and the North-West Territories, Winnipeg, Manitoba: The Call Printing Company, retrieved 19 February 2014
- "Death of Mr. Chas. Marshallsay, M.N.W.C". Qu'Appelle Progress. Qu'Appelle, Saskatchewan. November 10, 1887. p. 6. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- Gemmill, John Alexander; Mackintosh, Charles Herbert (1887). The Canadian Parliamentary Companion. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- Journals of the Council of the North-'West Territories of Canada - Northwest Territories. Council - Google Books. Books.google.ca. 1988-01-01. Retrieved 2014-02-20.