Charles Meredith (actor)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
in the television series The Veil (1958)
August 27, 1894|
Knoxville, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Died||November 28, 1964
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Margaret Muse (1932-1964; his death; 1 child)
Melba Melsing (1920-?)
Charles Meredith (August 27, 1894 – November 28, 1964) was an American film and television actor.
Meredith was born in Knoxville, Pennsylvania. He was a popular silent film leading men and played opposite such actresses as Blanche Sweet, Mary Miles Minter, Florence Vidor, and others in romantic drama and comedy films. In 1924, he left his film career for work on the stage. He returned film in 1947 where he played a number of small character roles. Toward the end of his career, he turned to television as well, notably as Secretary Drake in the Rocky Jones, Space Ranger (1954) series. He also appeared in three episodes of The Lone Ranger, each time as a doctor.
He died, aged 70 in 1964, in Los Angeles, California.
- The Other Half (1919)
- Poor Relations (1919)
- The Thirteenth Commandment (1920)
- The Family Honor (1920)
- The Foolish Matrons (1921)
- Beyond (1921)
- The Cave Girl (1921)
- In Hollywood with Potash and Perlmutter (1924)
- Daisy Kenyon (1947)
- A Foreign Affair (1948)
- The Miracle of the Bells (1948)
- They Live by Night (1948)
- Samson and Delilah (1949)
- The Sun Sets at Dawn (1950)
- Francis (1950)
- Perfect Strangers (1950)
- Submarine Command (1951)
- Strangers on a Train (1951, uncredited)
- The Big Trees (1952)
- Rocky Jones, Space Ranger (1954; TV series, 23 episodes)
- New York Confidential (1955, uncredited)
- The Lone Ranger (1956)
- Back from Eternity (1956, uncredited)
- Top Secret Affair (1957, uncredited)
- The Court of Last Resort (1957-1958; TV series, 23 episodes)
- Ocean's Eleven (1960)
- The Incredible Mr. Limpet (1964)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charles Meredith (actor).|
|This article about an American film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|