Charles Nall-Cain, 3rd Baron Brocket
|The Right Honourable
The Lord Brocket
|Born||12 February 1952|
|Occupation||British peer, television star, business owner|
|Television||I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!
Scream! If You Want to Get Off
Bad Lads Army
|Criminal charge||Insurance fraud|
|Criminal penalty||Five years imprisonment|
|Criminal status||Time served|
Brocket is the son of Hon Ronald Nall-Cain and Elizabeth Trotter. His father died when he was nine years old. He became the 3rd Baron Brocket aged fifteen on the death of his grandfather, Arthur Nall-Cain, 2nd Baron Brocket, also inheriting Brocket Hall. The Hall was at the time in a bad state of repair, and he has since converted it into a hotel and conference venue. Today he still owns the hall in Hertfordshire through a trust which leases it to a German consortium. The lease expires after fifty years.
An Old Etonian, Lord Brocket served in the 14th/20th King's Hussars as a Lieutenant in Germany. He became known as a playboy, and collected classic cars, once owning forty-two Ferraris, which he became known for in the eighties and early 1990s. He was convicted of insurance fraud in 1996 and sentenced to five years in prison, of which he served two and a half years. In 2004 he was a contestant on the third series of I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!. Finishing in fourth place, his newfound fame made him a popular TV celebrity, making almost £1 million in offers. His autobiography, Call Me Charlie, was published in hardback in September, coming in the Top 10 Best Sellers list of 2004. He hosted the ITV game show Scream! If You Want to Get Off and presented Privates Exposed, a behind the scenes programme for ITV's Bad Lads Army, on ITV2.
In 2007 he launched his own Brocket Hall Foods range of groceries.
Marriages & Children
- Hon Alexander Christopher Charles Nall-Cain (born 30 September 1984), heir to the barony
- Hon Antalya Stephanie Lauren Nall-Cain (born 1987)
- Hon William Thomas Anthony Nall-Cain (born 1991)
They were divorced in 1994. Twelve years later, Brocket married Harriet Victoria Warren on 24 June 2006. They have two daughters:
- Hon Amelia Florence Elizabeth Nall-Cain (born 8 September 2009)
- Hon Iona Jasmine Diana Nall-Cain (born 20 October 2011)
- Walker, Esther (2007) "Bangers & cash: How Charlie Brocket reinvented himself as a purveyor of eco-friendly sausages", The Independent, 27 September 2007, retrieved 6 November 2010
- Graham, Natalie (2004) "Fame & Fortune: Celebrity peer no longer lords it up", The Times, 19 September 2004, retrieved 6 November 2010
- Simpson, Richard (2004) "Portrait of a driver: Lord Brocket", Daily Telegraph, 27 November 2004, retrieved 6 November 2010
- Walker, Tim (2008) "When Lord Brocket hits the fan", Daily Telegraph, 12 April 2008, retrieved 6 November 2010
- Lord Charles Brocket (2004) Call me Charlie: The Autobiography of Lord Brocket, Simon & Schuster, ISBN 978-0-7432-6363-4
- "Is a fuse lit for Brocket fireworks?", Daily Mail, 15 June 2006, retrieved 6 November 2010
- "Lord Charlie Brocket launches own groceries range", TalkingRetail.com, 10 October 2007, retrieved 6 November 2010
- The Peerage, entry for 3rd Lord Brocket
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
Hon. Alexander Nall-Cain