Charles P. Allen High School
|Charles P. Allen High School|
"Striving for Excellence"
|200 Innovation Drive
Bedford, Nova Scotia, B4B 0G4
|School type||High school|
|School board||Halifax Regional School Board|
|Area trustee||Beth Pye|
|School number||HRSB ID:183
Nova Scotia ID:358
|Language||English, French immersion|
|Colour(s)||Royal blueand white|
CPA has teams that participate in:
- Soccer (male and female teams)
- Cross Country Running
- Volleyball (male and female teams)
- Basketball (male and female; A and B teams)
- Ice hockey (male and female teams)
- Field Hockey
- Rugby (male and female teams)
- Softball (male and female teams)
- Track & Field
- Computer Programming
- Curling (male, female, mixed)
- Ultimate disc (Co-ed; A and B teams)
All of the schools sports teams are called the "Cheetahs". C. P. Allen High is a member of the Nova Scotia School Athletic Federation.
Mascot and school colours
The mascot of Charles P. Allen High is the Cheetah. In the new building, there is a large student-made cheetah mosaic on the floor of the main hallway. The school's team colours are blue and white.
The International Baccalaureate Programme
Charles P. Allen has been an IB World School since 2007. IB Students at Charles P. Allen can take courses that include English HL/SL, French B HL, French B SL, Spanish B ab initio, Economics HL/SL, Environmental Systems & Societies SL, History HL/SL, History SL (available only in French), Biology HL/SL, Chemistry HL/SL, Physics HL/SL, Math Studies SL, Mathematics SL, Theatre HL/SL, Music HL/SL, Visual Arts HL/SL & Theory of Knowledge. The IB Diploma Prep (DP)/Pre-IB is also available for Grade Ten students.
The Cheetah Spot
The Cheetah Spot is a school store located behind the kitchen in the cafetorium. It sells 'Cheetahwear', school clothing, and other school merchandise.
- September 30, 2015: 1323 Students
- September 30, 2014: 1345 Students
- September 30, 2013: 1331 Students
- September 30, 2012: 1294 Students
- September 30, 2011: 1268 Students
- September 30, 2010: 1215 students
- September 30, 2009: 1188 students
- September 30, 2008: 1172 students
- September 30, 2007: 1122 students
- September 30, 2006: 1087 students
- September 30, 2005: 1043 students
- September 30, 2004: 1071 students
- September 30, 2003: 1043 students
- September 30, 2002: 1012 students
- September 30, 2001: 979 students
New Charles P. Allen High School
In April 2009, the Minister of Education announced a new high school would be built in Bedford to replace Charles P. Allen High School. The new Charles P. Allen opened in September 2013. The new building is located at 200 Innovation Drive in Bedford. The building features an enhanced cafetorium, student lounge, over 50 learning spaces and 2 gymnasiums, one of which is part of the community centre in the building. Outside the school, there is a full-size artificial turf sports field with stadium lighting. The building is built to be energy efficient and meets LEED Gold specifications.