Charles Paul Conn
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Charles Paul Conn|
|18th President of Lee University|
1986 – Present
|Preceded by||R. Lamar Vest|
|Born||December 23, 1945|
|Alma mater||Lee University|
Conn acquired his undergraduate degree in religion from Lee University (then Lee College). He received an M.A. and a Ph.D. in psychology from Emory University (Atlanta, GA) and subsequently went on to spend eight semesters in post-doctoral study at Harvard University (Boston, Mass.) in the Graduate School of Education. He was a Visiting Scholar at Harvard Divinity School in 1982.
Conn began his career at Lee College in 1972, and was appointed as a professor in the psychology faculty and chair of the Department of Behavioral Sciences. He was appointed Vice President of Institutional Advancement in 1984 and President of Lee College (now Lee University) in 1986. He continues teaching in the Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences, and served a term as Visiting Professor of Psychology at Appalachian State University.
Conn has served on the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, holding positions as commissioner, member of the Executive Committee, and member of the Appeals Committee. He served from 2007 to 2010 on the national board of directors of the Council of Independent Colleges. He has also held positions with the Appalachian College Association, the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, the Southern States Athletic Conference, and the Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association.
Conn has authored or co-authored 20 books.
- Battle for Africa, by Brother Andrew with Charles Paul Conn
- Believe, by Richard M. DeVos with Charles Paul Conn
- Dad, Mom, and the Church, by Charles Paul Conn
- Disguised, by Patricia Moore with Charles Paul Conn
- Eckerd: Finding the Right Prescription, by Jack Eckerd and Charles Paul Conn
- Father Care, by Charles Paul Conn
- Hooked on a Good Thing, by Sammy Hall with Charles Paul Conn
- Julian Carroll of Kentucky, by Charles Paul Conn
- Just Off Chicken Street, by Floyd McClung, Jr. with Charles Paul Conn
- Kathy, by Barbara Miller and Charles Paul Conn
- The Magnificent Three, by Nicky Cruz with Charles Paul Conn
- Making it Happen, by Charles Paul Conn
- Music Makers: A Profile of the Lee Singers, by Charles Paul Conn
- The New Johnny Cash, by Charles Paul Conn
- No Easy Game, by Terry Bradshaw with Charles Paul Conn
- The Possible Dream: A Candid Look at Amway, by Charles Paul Conn
- The Power of Positive Students, by Dr. William Mitchell with Dr. Charles Paul Conn
- Promises to Keep: The Amway Phenomenon and How it Works, by Charles Paul Conn
- An Uncommon Freedom, by Charles Paul Conn
- The Winner’s Circle, by Charles Paul Conn