Charles Pelham, 8th Earl of Yarborough
Charles John Pelham, 8th Earl of Yarborough (born 5 November 1963), styled Lord Worsley between 1963 and 1966, is a British peer and landowner. He is now known as Abdul Mateen.
Background and career
Marriage and family
Lord Yarborough married Anna-Karin Zecevic, daughter of George Zecevic, in 1990. They have five children:
- George John Sackville Pelham, Lord Worsley (born 9 August 1990)
- Hon. William Charles John Walter Pelham (born 1991)
- Hon. James Marcus Pelham (born 1994)
- Lady Margaret Ann Emily Pelham (born January 1997)
- Hon. Edward John Herbert Pelham (born 2002)
- Eden, Richard (17 November 2013). "The Queen is to appoint aristocrat who converted to Islam as her High Sheriff". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
The Earl of Yarborough, who took the name Abdul Mateen after he became a Muslim
- "Ann Countess of Yarborough".
- Search the Sunday Times Rich List 2008
- "Lincolnshire 2014/2015". High Sheriffs Association. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- The Peerage.com - A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Yarborough
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
John Edward Pelham
|Earl of Yarborough