|Prime Minister of Madagascar|
20 January 2007 – 17 March 2009
|Preceded by||Jacques Sylla|
|Succeeded by||Monja Roindefo|
|Born||9 June 1947|
Charles Rabemananjara (born June 9, 1947) was Prime Minister of Madagascar from 2007 to 2009. He took office on 20 January 2007 at the beginning of the second term of President Marc Ravalomanana.
Rabemananjara was born in Antananarivo in 1947. During Marc Ravalomanana's first term as President, Rabemananjara became Director of the Military Cabinet of the Presidency in 2004 and was then named Minister of the Interior and Administrative Reform on November 28, 2005. After becoming Prime Minister, Rabemananjara remained Interior Minister in the new government, named on January 25, 2007.
Following the September 2007 parliamentary election, Ravalomanana appointed a new government, in which Rabemananjara remained in his posts as Prime Minister and Interior Minister, on October 27, 2007. He was additionally assigned the Decentralization portfolio in the 19-member government appointed on April 30, 2008. As Prime Minister, he was an ex officio member of the national political bureau of the ruling Tiako i Madagasikara (TIM) political party and therefore remained on the political bureau at TIM's May 2008 congress.
- "Le général Charles Rabemananjara, Premier ministre; La surprise continue", Madagascar Tribune, number 5,466, January 22, 2007 (French).
- "Madagascar President appoints new Prime Minister"[permanent dead link], VOA News, January 20, 2007.
- "Charles Rabemananjara, ou la fin d’une tradition" Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., Jeune Afrique, January 28, 2007 (French).
- "Malagasy president appoints new interior minister", Television Nationale Malagasy, Antananarivo, November 28, 2005.
- "Gouvernement de Charles Rabemananjara; Onze nouveaux et dix reconduits", Madagascar Tribune, number 5,470, January 26, 2007 (French).
- "Remaniement ministeriel a Madagascar", Xinhua, October 27, 2007 (French).
- "Remaniement; Radavidson et Laporte limogés", Madagascar Tribune, May 2, 2008 (French).
- "Bureau politique du TIM; Rajemison écarté", Madagascar Tribune, May 22, 2008 (French).
|Prime Minister of Madagascar