Education and career
Radin did his undergraduate studies at City College of New York, graduating in 1965, and then did his graduate studies at the University of Rochester, earning a Ph.D. in 1970 under the supervision of Gérard Emch. Since 1976 he has been on the faculty of the University of Texas at Austin.
Awards and honors
- Radin, Charles; Wolff, Mayhew (1992), "Space tilings and local isomorphism", Geometriae Dedicata, 42 (3): 355–360, MR 1164542, doi:10.1007/BF02414073.
- Radin, Charles (1994), "The pinwheel tilings of the plane", Annals of Mathematics, Second Series, 139 (3): 661–702, MR 1283873, doi:10.2307/2118575.
- Conway, John H.; Radin, Charles (1998), "Quaquaversal tilings and rotations", Inventiones Mathematicae, 132 (1): 179–188, MR 1618635, doi:10.1007/s002220050221.
- Radin, Charles (1999), Miles of Tiles, Student Mathematical Library, 1, Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society, ISBN 0-8218-1933-X, MR 1707270.
- as editor with Mark J. Bowick, Govind Menon, and David Kinderlehrer: Mathematics and Materials, American Mathematical Society 2017