|Occupation||Protestant, Seventh-day Adventist Theologian|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Charles Scriven (born 1945, Prineville, Oregon) is a Seventh-day Adventist theologian who served as President of Kettering College from 2000 through 2013. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Kettering foundation  and Chair of the Board of Adventist Forums, publisher of Spectrum magazine.
After attending Walla Walla University in College Place, Washington, Scriven obtained a master's degree in divinity at Andrews University in 1968. In 1984 he obtained a Ph.D. in systematic theology and Christian social ethics at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California. He served for six years as minister in the Seventh-day Adventist church in Sligo in Montgomery County, Maryland. In 1992 he was appointed president of Columbia Union College (now renamed Washington Adventist University) in Takoma Park, Maryland. He has been an editor of Insight, a Seventh-day Adventist magazine for young people.
- The Demons Have Had It: A Theological ABC (1976)
- The Transformation of Culture: Christian social ethics after H. Richard Niebuhr (1988)
- The Promise of Peace: Dare to Experience the Advent Hope (2009)
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- Seventh-day Adventist eschatology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- 28 fundamental beliefs
- Questions on Doctrine
- Teachings of Ellen White
- Inspiration of Ellen White
- Prophecy in the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Investigative judgment
- The Pillars of Adventism
- Second Advent
- Baptism by Immersion
- Conditional Immortality
- Three Angels' Messages
- End times
- Sabbath in Seventh-day Adventism
- Ellen G. White
- Adventist Review
- Seventh-day Adventist Church Pioneers
- Seventh-day Adventist worship
- Adventist Health Studies
- Ellen G. White Estate
- Kevin Lamb, "Scriven gets top position at KCMA." Dayton Daily News May 1, 2001 
- Dayton Business Journal July 19, 2010
- "Kettering Foundation - Board of Directors". Kmcfoundation.org. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- Carpenter, Alexander (2008-06-26). "Reconstructing Seventh-day Adventism - Charles Scriven". Spectrum Magazine. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- Biographical sketch, Southwestern Adventist University, September 2011.
|This Seventh-day Adventist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American theology academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|