||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Charles Secrett is an environmental activist, head of Friends of the Earth England, Wales and Northern Ireland in 1993-2003. He is an author and broadcaster on environmental topics.
Secrett was a member of the Labour government's Commission for Sustainable Development, and sits on the Advisory Boards for The Ecologist magazine and the Environmental Law Foundation in Britain, and for the Environment Programme of the University of North Carolina in the United States. In 1999, The Observer newspaper ranked him the 36th most influential person in Britain in its annual ‘Power 300 List'; in 2000, he was ranked 200th.
- Vice-President - London Wildlife Trust (2006 – current)
- Member – Board of London Development Agency, and Chair – LDA Health and Sustainability Advisory Group (2004 - current)
- Chair – Board of Triodos Bank Renewable Energy Fund (2004 – current)
- Member – Advisory Board of Environmental Law Foundation (2002 – current
- Trustee – Board of The Building Exploratory, Hackney (2004 – current)
- Ambassador - Renewable World (2015 - current)
- Executive Director - Friends of the Earth England, Wales and Northern Ireland (1993–2003)
- Member - UK Roundtable on Sustainable Development and UK Sustainable Development Commission (1993–2003)
- University of North Carolina, John Motley Morehead Scholarship; B.A. English and American Literature – Hons. (1972–77)
- John Vidal (10 April 2012). "Vicious words mark the war between pro and anti-nuclear environmentalists". The Guardian.
- Elgot, Jessica (24 April 2015). "Celebrities sign statement of support for Caroline Lucas – but not the Greens". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Vidal, Josh (31 October 2007). "Eco Soundings: Green there, done that". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Environmental activism needs its own revolution to regain its teeth" The Guardian 13 June 2011
|This biographical article about a United Kingdom activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about environmental activism, conservation or protection is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|