|Born||1978 (age 37–38)|
|Known for||artist, writer, educator and curator|
Charles Stankievech (born 1978) is a Canadian artist, writer, publisher and curator.
As a result of the wide spectrum of strategies and the conceptual drive behind the production, his work has been located in the Conceptual Art tradition (e.g. the exhibition Conceptual Filiations ).
In 2007, he was one of the founding faculty members to establish the experimental art college Yukon School of Visual Arts—a unique institution bringing together the local indigenous government, the state ministry of education and the local grass roots art community. As part of the curriculum, he created and curated the Over The Wire project series that invites established artists to collaborate with students to produce new work under the restriction of long-distance communication.
In 2011, he co-founded the publishing project K. Verlag | Press based in Dawson City, Canada and Berlin, Germany.
- Conceptual Filiations http://ellengallery.concordia.ca/en/reflexion_filiations.php
- MIT Press LMJ http://www.mitpressjournals.org/action/doSearch?searchText=stankievech
- A selected listing can be found here
- Over The Wire project website
- K. Verlag | Press http://www.k-verlag.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charles Stankievech.|
|This article about a Canadian sculptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|