He was a prominent philatelist and one of the instigators, and the first President, of the Philatelic Society of India. He edited the Philatelic Journal of India from 1898 to 1905 and he signed the Roll of Distinguished Philatelists in 1921. Stewart-Wilson was also a Council Member of the Royal Philatelic Society London from 1915 to 1939.
- British Indian Adhesive Stamps Surcharged for Native States. Part I. Calcutta: Philatelic Society of India, 1897.
- British Indian Adhesive Stamps Surcharged for Native States. Part II. Calcutta: Philatelic Society of India, 1899.
- British Indian Adhesive Stamps surcharged for Native States. Calcutta: Philatelic Society of India, 1904. (Revised edition) (With B.G. Jones)
- The Postage and Telegraph Stamps of British India. London: Stanley Gibbons for the Philatelic Society of India, 1907. (With C.S.F. Crofton and Leslie L. R. Hausburg.)
- Who Was Who in British Philately Association of British Philatelic Societies 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "STEWART-WILSON, Sir Charles" in Who Was Who. A & C Black, 1920–2008, online edition, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "The Philatelic Society of India" in The London Philatelist, Vol. VI, June 1897, No. 66, p. 174.
|This article about a British philatelist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|