Charles Todd (industrialist)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Charles Todd (New Zealand))
28 May 1868|
Peebles, United Kingdom
|Died||21 August 1942
Wellington, New Zealand
|Children||Charles P. Todd
|Relatives||John Todd (grandson)|
Todd twice unsuccessfully stood for election to Parliament: he contested the Dunedin South electorate for the Reform Party in 1928, and the Central Otago electorate as an independent Reform Party supporter in 1931.
- Monica Showalter (2001). "New Zealand's First Billionaire". Forbes.
- Nightingale, Tony. "Todd, Charles". Dictionary of New Zealand Biography. Ministry for Culture and Heritage. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- The General Election, 1928. Government Printer. 1929. p. 2. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- The General Election, 1931. Government Printer. 1932. p. 2. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- Tony Nightingale, Charles Todd (1868-1942), The Dictionary of New Zealand Biography (retrieved 1 March 2011).
- Galbreath, Ross (2010). Enterprise and Energy: The Todd Family of New Zealand. Wellington: Todd.