This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Democratic candidate for|
U.S. Representative for Illinois, 5th District
April 7, 2009
|Children||Katrina, Sophia, and C.J. Wheelan|
|Residence||Hanover, New Hampshire|
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College|
Charles J. Wheelan (born 1966) is an American journalist and speaker and is the founder and co-chairman of The Centrist Project. Wheelan is the author of Naked Statistics, Naked Economics, and Naked Money. He was an unsuccessful Democratic candidate in the special election for Illinois's 5th congressional district, the seat vacated by Rahm Emanuel.
Wheelan graduated from Dartmouth College, where he was a member of Alpha Delta fraternity. From 1997 to 2002, he was the Midwest correspondent for The Economist. He has also written for the Chicago Tribune, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and Yahoo! Finance.
Wheelan's first book, Naked Economics (2002), is an introduction to economics for lay readers; Naked Statistics (2013) is an introduction to statistics. The Centrist Manifesto (2013) attempts to articulate a centrism that is more than a set of compromises between the political extremes, a perspective Wheelan elsewhere characterizes as radical centrist.
- Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science, W. W. Norton, 2002. ISBN 978-0-393-33764-8
- Revealing Chicago: An Aerial Portrait, Harry N. Abrams, 2005. ISBN 0-8109-5874-0
- Introduction to Public Policy, W. W. Norton, 2010. ISBN 978-0-393-92665-1
- 10 1/2 Things No Commencement Speaker Has Ever Said, W. W. Norton, 2012. ISBN 978-0-393-07431-4
- The Centrist Manifesto, W. W. Norton, 2013. ISBN 978-0-393-34687-9
- Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data, W. W. Norton, 2013. ISBN 978-0-393-07195-5
- Naked Money: A Revealing Look at What It Is and Why It Matters, W. W. Norton, 2016. ISBN 978-0-393-06902-0
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charles Wheelan.|