Charlestown Township, Clark County, Indiana
The John Work House, a historic site in the township
Location of Charlestown Township in Clark County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||65.09 sq mi (168.6 km2)|
|• Land||64.49 sq mi (167.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (2 km2)|
|Elevation||610 ft (186 m)|
|• Density||208.6/sq mi (80.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453197|
Charlestown Township was organized in 1817.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 65.09 square miles (168.6 km2), of which 64.49 square miles (167.0 km2) (or 99.08%) is land and 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2) (or 0.92%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Oregon Township (north)
- Owen Township (east)
- Utica Township (south)
- Silver Creek Township (southwest)
- Union Township (west)
- Monroe Township (northwest)
The township contains several cemeteries: Armstrong Cemetery, Baird Cemetery (a.k.a. King), Bottorff, Caldwell (a.k.a. Lutz/Prather), Carter, Charlestown, Coble, County Poor Farm, Crace, Douglas, Faris, Fifty-four, Goodwin, Goodwin/Nicholson, Hammond, Hester-Rowland, Kessler (a.k.a. Faris II), Long, Mathes, McCormick (a.k.a. McCullough), McDonald, Meloy, Montgomery, Otisco Cemetery (a.k.a. Seedtick), Pleasant Grove, Robertson, Robinson, Salem Methodist Church, Shelby Cemetery, Silver Creek Cemetery, St. Michael's, James Stuart Plantation, Weimer, and Worrell/Worrall.
- "Charlestown Township, Clark County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott, and Washington, Indiana. Chicago Printing Company. 1889. p. 9.
- Mauk, Lois. "Clark County, Indiana Cemeteries". usgennet.org. USGenNet. Retrieved 7 September 2014.