Charlevoix Municipal Airport
|Charlevoix Municipal Airport|
Aerial view, September 2007
|IATA: none – ICAO: KCVX – FAA LID: CVX|
|Owner||City of Charlevoix|
|Elevation AMSL||669 ft / 204 m|
Charlevoix Municipal Airport (ICAO: KCVX, FAA LID: CVX) is a city owned, public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) southwest of the central business district of Charlevoix, a city in Charlevoix County, Michigan, United States. It is mostly used for general aviation, but also offers passenger service to Beaver Island via Island Airways and Fresh Air Aviation.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 17,854 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 15,427 enplanements in 2009, and 14,966 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport (more than 10,000 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
Charlevoix Municipal Airport covers an area of 185 acres (75 ha) at an elevation of 669 feet (204 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 9/27 is 4,550 by 75 feet (1,387 x 23 m) with an asphalt surface and 4/22 is 1,280 by 200 feet (390 x 61 m) with a turf surface.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 30,000 aircraft operations, an average of 82 per day: 58% general aviation, 40% air taxi, and 2% military. At that time there were 14 aircraft based at this airport: 50% single-engine and 50% multi-engine.
Airlines and destinations
|Island Airways||Beaver Island (6Y8) |
|Fresh Air Aviation||Beaver Island (SJK) |
- FAA Airport Master Record for CVX ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2011" (PDF, 298 KB). CY 2011 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 29, 2012. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Charlevoix Municipal Airport". City of Charlevoix. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Charlevoix Municipal Airport (ICAO: KCVX, FAA: CVX, IATA: none)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- Island Airways
- Fresh Air Aviation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charlevoix Municipal Airport.|
- Charlevoix Municipal Airport at City of Charlevoix website
- PDF (68.8 KB) at Michigan Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of April 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CVX, effective September 15, 2016
- Resources for this airport: