Charlie Adams (drummer)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
May 8, 1954|
Joliet, Illinois, United States
United States Air Force Heritage of America Band
Band members of regional rock band Chameleon included Adams on drums, vocals, and percussion; Yanni on keyboards and synthesizers; Dugan McNeill on lead vocals and bass guitars; Johnny Donaldson on all guitars; and Mark Anthony on lead vocals and keyboards. Their albums included Chameleon, Techno-color, Hologram Sky, and Balance. The group was noted for Adams' revolving gyroscope drum kit, who played his rapidly spinning drums before Mötley Crüe's Tommy Lee's similar arrangement.
In 1987, Yanni was putting together his first touring band to promote his album Out of Silence, as well as selections from Keys to Imagination. This early band included Yanni, John Tesh and Joyce Imbesi on keyboards, and Adams on drums. Adams is widely recognized for his drum solo on the Live at the Acropolis concert film. He is also featured in the Live at Royal Albert Hall released in 1995. Adams reunited with Yanni for the 2003/2004 Ethnicity concert tour. Adams has remained Yanni's drummer for more than thirty years, beginning with their time together in Chameleon.
|Year||Tour / Album||Billboard
|1987||Out of Silence|
|1988||A Thousand Summers||John Tesh|
|1992||Yanni Gift Set (Reflections of Passion/In Celebration of Life)|
|1992||Dare to Dream||2||32||Grammy-nominated (New Age)|
|1994||Live at the Acropolis||1||5||Sept. 1993 concerts at the Acropolis of Athens;|
second best selling music video of all time
|2006||Yanni Live! The Concert Event||1||84||2004 concert;|
No. 4 selling New Age album of both 2006 and 2007
Peaked at No. 6 Billboard Top Independent Album (2006)
|2010||Love Songs/Reflections of Passion|
Adams has indicated his musical influences to include Buddy Rich, the Beatles, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin.
- "Bio at the City of Joliet website". cityofjoliet.com. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- Lounges, Tom (January 28, 2016). "Global superstar Yanni's Region rock past". The Times of Northwest Indiana. Archived from the original on May 11, 2016.
- "Chameleon". geocities.com. Archived from the original on 2009-10-24. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- Yanni; Rensin, David (2002). Yanni in Words. Miramax Books. p. 123. ISBN 1-4013-5194-8.
- "Profile at Drum Solo Artist". drumsoloartist.com. Retrieved 2007-08-17.
- Yanni Newsletter: Fall 2003; volume 8 number 2. Yanni.com. 2003.
- "Charlie Adams / Credits". Allmusic.com. May 11, 2016. Archived from the original on May 11, 2016.
- Yanni / Billboard albums (WebCite archives of 2012-04-29 and 2012-06-20), Allmusic's listing of Billboard's album data, sorted by peak.
- "Billboard Legacy | Billboard 200 Albums of the Year...", Billboard, (WebCite archives on 2014-05-29 of first and second pages for Yanni).
- Bekheet, Diaa, "Yanni’s North America Tour, Truth of Touch" (WebCite archive), Voice of America News, Jazz Beat, January 23, 2012.
- Klangboonkrong, Manta, "On a high with Yanni" (WebCite archive), The Nation (Thailand), October 13, 2011.
- Links to Billboard 's "Best of (year) / New Age Albums" for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Barron, Jeff (May 6, 2016). "Yanni drummer featured at workshop". Lancaster Eagle-Gazette. Archived from the original on May 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charlie Adams (drummer).|