|Home town||Ourimbah, New South Wales|
|Spouse(s)||Juliet Love (m. 2010)|
Charles Albone (born 1981/82) is an Australian landscape designer and television presenter known for co-hosting Selling Houses Australia (2008–present). He has also hosted other shows including The Party Garden, Charlie and the Flower Show and Chelsea's Greatest Garden. In 2019 it was announced that he would be joining the cast of Better Homes and Gardens in 2020.
Albone was born in Hong Kong, his father was a flight engineer and his mother was a flight attendant. At the age of twelve he moved to the United Kingdom and developed an interest in gardening and landscaping. A few years later he began working maintaining the grounds of an English country manor, with no formal qualifications, Albone learnt his trade on the job and worked for many UK landscaping companies before travelling to Australia on a working holiday. He decided to move to Australia and has been living ever since. He completed a diploma of horticulture and landscape design and started his own landscaping company called Inspired Exteriors.
Albone is married to stylist, interior designer and television host Juliet Love and they have two children. He now considers himself a pure Australian and is proud to be representing his adopted country. 'I like to think that I'm representing Australia and the rest of my team are Australian, my training, my life my family are all in Australia,' he said. 'I see myself as an Australian going over there rather than an Englishman going back'.
While studying at TAFE, Albone received an email from The Australian Institute of Landscape telling him he should try out for a place on a new TV show. Albone applied and was successful in being part of Selling Houses Australia show.
In 2008, Albone made his TV debut on the hit series Selling Houses Australia on Foxtel's The LifeStyle Channel. In its twelfth season as of 2019, he has been a key member of the team; specialising in gardens and exterior make-overs for houses being sold. Albone has also hosted other LifeStyle Channel shows including The Party Garden, Charlie and the Flower Show and more recently, Chelsea's Greatest Garden.
In 2015, Albone won a silver-gilt medal at the Chelsea Flower Show. The creation of his entry was documented for a two-part television special, Charlie's Chelsea Garden, which aired on The LifeStyle Channel. In 2016 Albone won a second silver-gilt medal on the Chelsea Flower Show in London making him the first Australian to compete two times at the show and winning it.
- Murfett, Andrew (7 February 2013). "Experts deliver a few home truths". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- Brain, Anna (22 August 2015). "From Selling Houses to smelling roses, Charlie's Chelsea Garden is a winner for landscape designer, Charlie Albone". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- Thomson, Owen (6 April 2013). "Star and car: Charlie Albone". The Border Mail. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Charlie's going for gold this time". NewsMail. 26 March 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Murfett, Andrew (26 January 2012). "Opening the doors to days of difficult sales". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- Koremans, Sonja (23 June 2014). "Avoid personalising home improvements when renovating for profit". News.com.au. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- Kehagias, Melissa (7 January 2015). "Selling Houses Australia gardener Charlie Albone's design will feature in prestigious Chelsea Flower Show". News.com.au. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- Spangaro, Alexandra (19 May 2015). "Selling Houses Australia's Charlie Albone wins medal at Chelsea Flower Show". Domain. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Charlie's Chelsea Garden: 2-part special from the Chelsea Flower Show". Foxtel. 5 August 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2015.