|Full name||Charlie Amesbury|
|Date of birth||8 April 1986|
|Place of birth||Portsmouth|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||90 kg (14 st 2 lb) |
|School||Lord Wandsworth College|
|University||University of Manchester|
|Rugby union career|
Charlie Amesbury (born 8 April 1986 in Portsmouth) is rugby union footballer who plays on the wing or full back for Bristol Rugby in the RFU Championship, where he previously played Sale Sharks and Newcastle Falcons from the Aviva Premiership. He also played for England Sevens. Amesbury played for Cambridge University in The Varsity Match 2016.
Amesbury started playing rugby at the age of six; playing mini-rugby at Petersfield R.F.C.. He joined Lord Wandsworth College when he was 13 and by the age of 15 was of a good enough standard to represent the Under 16's.
In 2004, Amesbury played full back for the London & South East Division and was selected for the England training group. Also in 2004 he played for England Under 18's and during the 2004/05 season played regularly for Quins in the Zurich A League. He made his First XV debut for Quins during the 2005–06 season; scoring twice in the 43–3 victory over Otley at the Stoop.
Amesbury made his starting debut for Quins against Leeds at the beginning of the 2007–08 season. A Quins academy player, he was rewarded with a first team contract. At the end of the 2008–09 season he chose to move on due to the lack of game time at Quins and signed for Premiership side Newcastle Falcons.
During the 2011/12 season he played on from January 2012 whilst suffering from appendicitis, which was operated on in the Summer off season period.
During the 2013-14 season Bristol Rugby signed Amesbury from Sale Sharks to help their push for promotion for the remainder of the season. After losing in the playoff final against London Welsh he stayed on for the 2014-15 in the RFU Championship
- "Aviva Premiership Rugby - Sale Sharks". web page. Premier Rugby. Archived from the original on 16 June 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- Taylor, Mark. "Varsity Match 2016: Charlie Amesbury switches professional rugby for Cambridge University".
- "Harlequins profile". Harlequins official site. 21 May 2009. Archived from the original on 14 December 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
- "Two for Amesbury in Quins win over Otley". Harlequins official site. 2006-01-15. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
- "England cruise past the Portuguese with ease in South Africa". RFU. 2006-12-08. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
- "Harlequins 39–15 Leeds". BBC. 2007-09-22. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
- "Quins players re-signed". Harlequins official site. 2008-03-27. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
- "Amesbury Seals Falcons Switch". Newcastle Falcons official site. 2009-05-01. Retrieved 2009-12-27.
- Charlie, Amesbury. "Off season operation.". Living Rugby. Retrieved 2012. Check date values in: