Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Created by||Ian Gurvitz|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Running time||22 min.|
Ian Gurvitz Productions|
New World Television
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television|
|Original release||November 9 – December 28, 1991|
Charlie Hoover (Tim Matheson) is a man who just reached middle age when one day the voice within his head materializes in the form of Hugh (Sam Kinison), a foot-high miniature alter ego. Hugh guides Charlie on the path to getting his life in order.
|Nº||Title||Directed by:||Written by:||Air date|
|1||"Happy Birthday to Hugh"||Peter Baldwin||TBA||November 9, 1991|
|On his depressing 40th birthday, Charlie meets his alter ego — a pint-sized loudmouth in a long coat — who helps him start to get it together, and helps him to get his promotion.|
|2||"Happy Anniversary"||Jeff Melman||Bill Freiberger,|
|November 16, 1991|
|To celebrate his anniversary right, Charlie takes Hugh's advice and sets up a romantic anniversary celebration; unfortunately it's the same night he must make a business dinner.|
|3||"Two for the Road"||Jeff Melman||Nelson Costello,|
|November 23, 1991|
|Hugh is horrified when Charlie decides it may be time to get a vasectomy.|
|4||"Mother-in-Law"||Rob Schiller||David Chambers||November 30, 1991|
|With Hugh's help, Charlie learns how to deal with his mother-in-law.|
|5||"Out of the Frying Pan"||Jeff Melman||Joe Toplyn||December 7, 1991|
|Emily has a problem with her cooking teacher and Doris has a blind date.|
|6||"Old Flame"||David Trainer||Stephen Paymer||December 21, 1991|
|A co-worker chases Charlie in search of a fling, which is something Charlie also needs because two months earlier Helen left with the kids.|
|7||"Roll One for Ed"||David Trainer||Scott Buck||December 28, 1991|
|When a co-worker dies, Charlie travels to Atlantic City to complete the man's dream of taking $100 and gambling it away.|
- "Charlie Hoover". TV Guide. 1991.
- Tucker, Ken (May 21, 1993). "A Tribute to Sam Kinison". Entertainment Weekly.
- "Universal Set To Scream For Sam Kinison Biography". IGN. September 18, 2000.
- Cerone, Daniel (October 18, 1991). "Fox Makes Prime-Time Changes : Television: Moves include canceling 'The Ultimate Challenge' and launching a comedy series with Sam Kinison. The changes take effect Nov. 9". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016.
- Murray, Noel (February 17, 2009). "Tim Matheson". The A.V. Club.
- "Charlie Hoover". Sitcomsonline.com.
- "Charlie Hoover". EpGuides,com. Archived from the original on 2009-09-05.