Early life and education
In 2000, Luxton hosted the documentary series Modern British Architects on the United Kingdom's Channel 5.
Luxton went on to present several more architecture-related shows, including 'Treehouses' for Sky1, a six-part television series, Our Homes and Property, and the ongoing series Build a New Life in the Country. He is a regular designer on BBC1's DIY SOS.
His series The Great Treehouse Challenge aired on Sky's Living Channel. Another show, Homes by the Sea, on More4 TV, was hosted by Luxton. His show Building the Dream was shown on More4 TV.
Luxton has also supported several eco-friendly projects in his local area, including creating a carpool, fitting solar panels onto the roof of the local school, addressing amateur homebuilders and green-furbishing thirty houses.
Luxton is married and has two children. Their home includes many of the sustainable living solutions that are featured on his television show.
- "House Made From Black Bricks By Takero Shimazaki and Charlie Luxton" Fun of Art.
- Creating an eco cottage | Real Homes
- Companies House Director Information Charlie Luxton
- Charlie Luxton: Designer & Presenter – Urban Times Archived July 19, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- "Charlie Is Our Darling on Our New TV Show; Charlie Luxton Presents Our Homes & Property Six-Part TV Series, Beginning Tomorrow.". The Evening Standard.
- Trow, Abby. "Charlie Luxton: High octane enthusiast for low energy living". Decomag
- "C5's greenlights architect series as part of new slate". Broadcast Now, 7 January 2000
- "The Great Treehouse Challenge". SKY1. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Britain's Hidden Heritage". BBC. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Eco-architect Charlie Luxton has dreams for Chch | Stuff.co.nz
- "Teletubby house by the sea anyone? Charlie Luxton says 'Eh oh' to this unusual house in Pembrokeshire for new TV show". Wales Online, 16 October 2014. By Kate Rees
- Building the Dream – TV review | Television & radio | The Guardian
- "I'm building a new eco-village in the country: How TV star Charlie Luxton is leading a £400,000 project off-screen". Mail Online. Associated Newspapers Ltd. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Aperture in the Woods par Takero Shimazaki et Charlie Luxton". Journal de Design
- "TV presenter Charlie Luxton helps build interest at show in Buckingham". Buckingham Today.
- "Kirstie Allsopp, Charlie Luxton, Sarah Beeny and Martin Roberts – in their own homes". The Guardian
- Can you design a £50,000 self-build home? | News | Architects Journal