October 21, 1965 |
Red Lake, Minnesota
|Residence||Red Lake, Minnesota|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Charlie Norris|
|Billed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Billed weight||285 lb (129 kg; 20.4 st)|
|Billed from||Red Lake Indian Reservation|
|Trained by||Eddie Sharkey|
Charlie Norris (born October 21, 1965) is a retired American professional wrestler who competed in North American promotions as well as the World Championship Wrestling during the early 1990s.
Norris began training with Eddie Sharkey in 1989, and later wrestled for the Pro Wrestling America promotion winning the PWA Heavyweight title and the Tag Team title with Sam Houston and Derrick Dukes.
In April 1993, he teamed with Masa Saito to defeat The Hater and Nailz at NWA Grandslam, in an interpromotional event between W*ING and the National Wrestling Alliance, before signing with WCW in mid-1993.
Initially successful against mid-card opponents such as Bobby Eaton and others, he later defeated Big Sky at Fall Brawl 93' as well as teaming with Shockmaster and Ice Train to defeat Harlem Heat and The Equalizer at Halloween Havoc 93'. However, he left the promotion shortly after losing to Cactus Jack and Vader in the opening rounds of the "Lethal Lottery" tag team tournament at WCW Battle Bowl on November 20, 1993. He subsequently filed a racial discrimination lawsuit against World Championship Wrestling the following year.
After leaving WCW, he briefly appeared in the American Wrestling Federation during 1996 teaming with Tito Santana in his feud against Bob Orton, Sr. and the Blacktop Bully. And from 1996-2006, he appeared on several independent wrestling cards. At an indy show in 2006, he injured two other wrestlers on the same card. One opponent was injured in a battle royal after refusing to be thrown out, and the other was knocked out cold by a bicycle kick during a tag team match. It is stated that Charlie looked down at his unconscious opponent and asked," what the hell brother?".
He currently resides on the Red Lake Indian Reservation, and works as a personal trainer at the gym in Red Lake.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
Championships and accomplishments
- Northern Premier Wrestling
- NPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Pro Wrestling America
- Wrestle America 2000
- WA2K Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2006). Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "NWA Grandslam". Prowrestlinghistory.com. Retrieved 2007-04-20.
- "Independents (1993-Present)". Titosantana.com. Retrieved 2007-04-20.
- World Championship Wrestling (1993-09-19). "Charlie Norris Vs. Big Sky". WCW Fall Brawl.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated Top 500 - 1993". Wrestling Information Archive. Archived from the original on 2011-09-19. Retrieved 2008-07-14.