|Date of birth||17 August 1989|
|Place of birth||Hong Kong|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||91 kg (14 st 5 lb; 201 lb) |
|School||St Peter's High School, Gloucester & Wycliffe College|
|Rugby union career|
Sharples was born in Hong Kong. As a former Gloucestershire district athlete, Sharples ran a time of 11.30 seconds over the 100m distance at the age of 17. He also ran 40m in a time of 4.82 seconds at the England RWC training camp in 2011, the fastest time recorded in the England squad. He made his début for Gloucester during the 2007/08 season coming on as a substitute against London Irish at Kingsholm. He made his first start for Gloucester against Sale Sharks at Edgeley Park.
Sharples was dual registered with Moseley for both the 2007–08 and 2008-09 seasons. Sharples scored 18 tries in the 2010/11 season including four tries against the Newport-Gwent Dragons, and made his England debut against Wales in a World Cup warm-up match on 6 August.
- "Aviva Premiership Rugby - Gloucester Rugby". web page. Premier Rugby. Archived from the original on 16 June 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Rugby World Cup 2011: Charlie Sharples is making rapid strides for England". web page. Telegraph. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- Sharples first start for Gloucester [permanent dead link]
- "England Rugby Profile". Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2013-01-10.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Gloucester Rugby Profile
- Charlie Sharples at ESPNscrum
|This English rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|