This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Wade served as head coach of the women's volleyball program at the University of the Pacific from 2006-2008. Wade spent 11 years at the University of Hawai'i with the Rainbow Wahine volleyball staff, nine as an associate head coach to Dave Shoji.
In 1981, Wade graduated Warsaw Community High School (Warsaw, IN), and received a bachelor's degree in kinesiology from Cal State Fullerton in 1991. Wade is married to former University of Washington volleyball player Tani Martin, with whom he has two sons, Makana & Kainoa Wade. His hobbies include Biking, Golf and hiking.
- As an assistant coach, Wade helped guide Hawaii to 11 conference championships. During that time span, Hawaii held a conference record of 160-1 and an overall record of 310-39.
- At Hawaii, Wade and the Rainbow Wahine went to 11 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances, six Regional Finals, and four Final Fours. Hawaii played in the NCAA Championship match in 1996.
- Wade helped produce eight All-Americans and 18 All-America awards, including two National Players of the Year.
- Alma Mater: Cal State Fullerton, 1991
- Cal State Fullerton, Assistant Coach, 1987–88
- Magnum Volleyball Club, 1986–1995
- Southern California Volleyball Institute, 1993–1995
- Hawai‘i, Assistant Coach, 1995–1997
- Hawai‘i, Associate Coach, 1998–2005
- Pacific, Head Coach, 2006–08
- USA Volleyball Federation Senior Select Team, 2007
- New coach finds un-expectations fulfilled
- Pacific Names Charlie Wade Head Coach of Women's Volleyball
- "Hawaii Athletics". hawaiiathletics.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.