This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Waite is the recipient of a number of awards including the prestigious Honorary Fellowship to the British Institute of Professional Photography as well as Amateur Photography's 'Power of Photography Award' and is frequently invited all over the world to give lectures on landscape photography. He was awarded status of Fellowship of the Royal Photographic Society in 2014 and was invited to exhibit at the Royal Academy of Arts, London in summer 2015.
A leading expert in this field, Charlie has contributed and written columns for The Daily Telegraph, contributed to The Sunday Times, Independent, Observer and The Guardian newspapers. He has also presented a number of photography television series for ITV along with frequent appearances on BBC Breakfast and BBC Countryfile. Huw Edwards recently interviewed Waite for BBC News Channel in respect of his travels in Libya days before the revolution and about his exhibition- Silent Exchange at The National Theatre.
He has held over 30 solo exhibitions across Europe, the USA, Japan and Australia including venues at the Goldstrom Gallery on Broadway, New York in 2001, Hope at the OXO Gallery in London in 2002 and Earthscapes at The Centre For Photographic Art in Carmel, California in 1999.
He has lectured throughout the UK, Europe and the United States, published over twenty-eight books on photography and is a regular contributor to photography magazines and was guest editor and contributor for the RPS Journal, August edition in 2015.
Waite's style combines graphic finesse with an almost spiritual quality of calm and serenity. His distinctive treatment of historic Mediterranean landscapes in particular is instantly recognisable.
- "Charlie Waite | Leading Landscape Photographer and Tutor | Charlie Waite Photography". Charlie Waite Photography. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- "Worth the Waite". Evening Times. 9 June 1989. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Cheesman, Chris (20 July 2012). "Digital photography kills off more Fuji films (update)". Amateur Photographer. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Edward, Olivia (1 July 2010). "Charlie Waite (I'm a geographer)". Geographical. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "Landscape photographer Charlie Waite and his favourite Dorset views". Dorset. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- Baker, James (1 February 2004). "In My Mind's Eye: Seeing in Black and White (review)". PSA Journal. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "About Us". www.take-a-view.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-07.