Charlotte–Monroe Executive Airport
|Charlotte–Monroe Executive Airport|
|Owner||City of Monroe|
|Serves||Monroe, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||679 ft / 207 m|
Charlotte–Monroe Executive Airport (ICAO: KEQY, FAA LID: EQY) is a public use airport located five nautical miles (9 km) northwest of the central business district of Monroe, a city in Union County, North Carolina, United States. It is owned by the City of Monroe and was formerly known as Monroe Regional Airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Charlotte–Monroe Executive Airport covers an area of 206 acres (83 ha) at an elevation of 679 feet (207 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 5/23 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 20, 2008, the airport had 56,100 aircraft operations, an average of 153 per day: 91% general aviation, 7% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 86 aircraft based at this airport: 82.6% single-engine, 11.6% multi-engine, 3.5% jet and 2.3% helicopter.
As of October 18, 2007, the City of Monroe was requesting funding from state and federal sources for $25 million in improvements to Monroe Regional Airport. These improvements, to be finished by the summer of 2009, included extending the runway to up to 7500 feet, adding more hangars, and expanding the terminal.
- FAA Airport Master Record for EQY ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB) Archived June 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- "Charlotte–Monroe Executive Airport (ICAO: KEQY, FAA: EQY)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- Torralba, Mike (2007-10-18). "Steps taken to issue bonds: Capital improvement package for $43 million covers airport, tower". Charlotte Observer.
- Airport Website
- "Monroe Airport (EQY)" (PDF). at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial photo as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for EQY, effective March 30, 2017
- Resources for this airport: