|Owner(s)||Stowe Reporter Group|
|Headquarters||233 Falls Road, Charlotte, VT 05482 United States|
The newspaper was established in 2006 as the Charlotte Citizen, but changed its name to The Citizen in 2001 to accommodate its new readers in Hinesburg.
In 2017, the Citizen was purchased by the Stowe Reporter Group, under publisher Greg Popa. The Stowe Reporter group also owns the Stowe Reporter, Waterbury Record, News & Citizen of Morrisville, the Valley Reporter, and the Shelburne News, all part of the Burlington Area Newspapers Group.
- "Your Newspapers – Vermont Press Association". www.vtpress.org. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- "Advertising - The Citizen". The Citizen. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- "Contact - The Citizen". The Citizen. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- "Editor of Bernie Sanders' hometown paper riles readers with his gender tweet". Poynter. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- Walters, John. "Column | Papers, Please: The Feds Reach Deeper Into Vermont". Seven Days. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- Harrison, Cathy Resmer, Margot. "Book Bonanza". Seven Days. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- "The Citizen prints in Vermont - The Citizen". The Citizen. 2015-05-08. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- Walters, John. "Media Note: Stowe Reporter Owners Buy Shelburne, Charlotte Newspapers". Seven Days. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- "Stowe Reporter group buys its sixth weekly newspaper". Stowe Today. Retrieved 2018-10-28.