|Born||Charlotte Mary Hawkins
16 May 1975 
Chichester, West Sussex, England
|Occupation||Journalist, presenter, newsreader|
|Television||Meridian Tonight (2003–2006)
Sky News Sunrise (2007–2014)
Good Morning Britain (2014—)
|Spouse(s)||Mark Herbert (m. 2008)|
Hawkins joined ITV's Meridian Tonight in 2003, hosting its main news programme, leaving in 2006 to become co-presenter of Sky's breakfast programme Sunrise with Eamonn Holmes. In 2014, she left Sky and to co-present the ITV Breakfast programme Good Morning Britain.
Hawkins attended the Bishop Luffa School in Chichester, and the University of Manchester from where she graduated with a BA in English Literature. She later undertook a Postgraduate Diploma in Broadcast Journalism from the London College of Printing.
Hawkins began her broadcasting career with ITN in 1999 as a newsreader and reporter for LBC Radio. She was one of the first journalists at the fatal Paddington rail crash and provided live reports from the scene. In January 2000, she moved to ITV Meridian in the southeast where she co-presented the hour-long current affairs series The Big Story.
From October 2003, Hawkins worked for ITV Meridian as co-anchor of their main news programme Meridian Tonight in the South East of England. She also presented on the ITV News Channel. At Meridian, she presented several pan-regional documentaries, including the half-hour special Britain on the Move. In 2007, Hawkins co-presented The London Boat Show for ITV.
Hawkins presented several stints on Five News, in the absence of stand-in Matt Barbet who was providing maternity leave cover for main presenter Natasha Kaplinsky, for a period in 2010. In 2010, she was an occasional guest news reviewer on the ITV programme This Morning.
Hawkins also presented the Sky Arts documentary Andre Rieu: Behind the Music.
On 3 March 2014, Hawkins was confirmed as a presenter on ITV Breakfast programme Good Morning Britain. She made her last appearance on Sky News Sunrise on 6 March 2014 and made her debut on Good Morning Britain on 28 April 2014, where she co-hosts the show with Ben Shephard, Sean Fletcher and Susanna Reid from 6 to 8.30am, every day except Thursdays & Fridays. On 22 January 2015, Hawkins presented her final show before going on maternity leave. She returned on the show on 15 June 2015.
Hawkins married her partner of five years, Mark Herbert, over the 2008 August Bank Holiday weekend. The ceremony took place at Chichester Cathedral where Hawkins' father was a clergyman. On 12 August 2014, Hawkins announced live on Good Morning Britain that the couple were expecting their first child. On 8 February 2015, she gave birth to a baby girl, Ella Rose.
Hawkins supports several charities including the Motor Neurone Disease Association of which she is a patron. Her father Frank was diagnosed with the disease in 2011 and later died in 2015. She is a patron of Ellenor Hospice and an ambassador for Cancer Research UK Kids and Teens.
|2000||The Big Story||Presenter||ITV Meridian|
|2007||The London Boat Show||Presenter|
|2007–2014||Sunrise||Presenter||Sky News||With Eamonn Holmes|
|2010||Five News||Stand-in presenter||Channel 5|
|This Morning||Newspaper reviewer||ITV||2 episodes|
|2014—||Good Morning Britain||Presenter & newsreader|
- Guest appearances
- Pointless Celebrities (2011)
- This Morning (2014, 2015) – Guest
- The British Soap Awards (2014)
- Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel (2014)
- Celebrity Squares (2014)
- Tipping Point for Text Santa (2014)
- The Chase: Celebrity Special (2015)
- Celebrity Juice (2015)
- Britain's Got More Talent (2015)
- Countdown (2016)
- Who's Doing the Dishes? (upcoming 2016)
- All Star Mr & Mrs (upcoming 2016)
- Celebrity Storage Hunters (upcoming 2016)
- "Charlotte Hawkins on Sky News Sunrise 18th May 2010". Sky News. YouTube. 18 May 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2010.
- "Ex-pupil's advice: Reach for sky". Chichester Observer. 31 May 2007. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- "Charlotte Hawkins". Sky Press Office. BSkyB. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- Tryhorn, Chris (9 January 2007). "Meridian anchor joins Eamonn Holmes at Sky News". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 July 2009.
- Charlotte Hawkins presenting Five News – 21 May 2010 YouTube
- "Video: Charlotte Hawkins leaves Sky News Sunrise • Updates". Tvnewsroom.co.uk. 25 February 2014. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- "Susanna Reid quits BBC for ITV". BBC News Online. 3 March 2014.
- "Charlotte Hawkins Weds". TV Newsroom. 26 August 2008. Retrieved 19 July 2009.
- Eamonn Reflects On Charlotte's Wedding Sky News Blogs, 28 August 2008
- Barrie Downie (24 August 2008). "Charlotte and Mark's wedding at Chichester Cathedral and Farbridge, Chichester " Wedding Photographer London". Bdweddingphotography.co.uk. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- "About me". Charlotte Hawkins. Retrieved 9 March 2014.