Charlotte Higgins, FSA (born 1972) is a British writer and journalist.
Early life and education
Higgins was born in Stoke-on-Trent, the daughter of a doctor and a nurse, and received her secondary education at a local independent school. A family holiday in Crete and an influential schoolteacher awakened her interest in classical languages and culture, and she studied Classics at Balliol College, Oxford.
She has published a book on Ovid called Latin Love Lessons, a book on ancient Greece, It's All Greek To Me, and Under Another Sky (2013), about journeys in Roman Britain.
- Kirby, Graham. "Iris chat with Charlotte Higgins". Iris Online. The Iris Project. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Charlotte Higgins". London: The Guardian. 1 October 2007. Retrieved 11 December 2010.
- Thornton, Sarah (2009). Seven Days in the Art World. Norton. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-393-33712-9.
- "Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction 2013 shortlist". Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- Timothy R. Smith (April 9, 2014). "David Reynolds wins PEN Hessell-Tiltman Prize". Washington Post. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- "8 Dec Ballot Results". sal.org.uk. Society of Antiquaries of London. 8 December 2016. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|