Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Early life and education
She was born in Brooklyn, New York in 1930 and attended Dana Hall preparatory school and Katharine Gibbs College in New York City, where she studied business. Iserbyt's father and grandfather were Yale University graduates and members of the Skull and Bones secret society.
Iserbyt later came across a federally-funded grant entitled Better Education Skills through Technology (Project BEST), part of which was headed "What we (U.S. Dept. of Education) can control and manipulate at the local level". After leaking this document to Human Events, she was removed from her post in the Department of Education.
She is known for writing the book The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America. The book alleges that changes gradually brought into the American public education system work to eliminate the influences of a child's parents, and mold the child into a member of the proletariat in preparation for a socialist-collectivist world of the future. She considers that these changes originated from plans formulated primarily by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Education and Rockefeller General Education Board, and details the psychological methods used to implement and effect the changes.
She also wrote Back to Basics Reform, which documents her experiences working in the U.S. Dept. of Education, where she was privy to past and future plans to restructure American education.
In 1964, Iserbyt married Jan Iserbyt (d. 2009); they had two sons.
Iserbyt also served as an elected school board member in Camden, Maine 1976-1979, and founded the Maine Conservative Union, an affiliate of the national American Conservative Union, and Guardians of Education for Maine.
- The Secret History of Western Education.
- Swamp Yankee (2015-01-17), The Skull and Bones: A Discussion with Charlotte Iserbyt, retrieved 2018-04-15
- Iserbyt, Charlotte; Scott D. Lewis. "Charlotte Iserbyt: Societies Secrets". Time Out Prod. & Ska Ras Prod. (Cable Access TV?). Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Iserbyt, Charlotte; Sovereign Solutions (2006-07-02). "Charlotte Iserbyt: The Deliberate Dumbing Down of the World". Missoula Community Access TV www.mcat.org. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
Goodlad, Dr. Professor John. "John Goodlad education". Google Scholar. Various academic publications. Retrieved June 2018.
- Back to Basics Reform, or OBE: Skinnerian International Curriculum (1985)
- The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America: A Chronological Paper Trail (1999) ISBN 978-0-9667071-0-6
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt.|
- ABCsOfDumbDown.blogspot.com Official Blog
- Charlotte Iserbyt - Deliberate Dumbing Down of the World
- Charlotte Iserbyt - all articles are in the process of being moved to this website