Charlotte Osgood Mason
- For the British educator, see Charlotte Mason.
Mason was born in Franklin Park, New Jersey on May 18, 1854 to Peter Quick and Phoebe Van der Veer. She was brought up by her maternal grandfather, Schenck Van der Veer, whose last name she took. She married Rufus Osgood Mason on April 27, 1886. She came from a rich family and her wealth increased after the death of her husband Rufus Osgood Mason. She used her wealth to support artists such as Zora Neale Hurston, Aaron Douglas, Langston Hughes, Arthur Fauset, and Miguel Covarrubias of the Harlem Renaissance.
- "Charlotte Louise Mason", in: American National Biography. v. 14 (1999), p. 640-642
- Tiffany Ruby Patterson, Zora Neale Hurston and a History of Southern Life, Temple University Press, ISBN 978-1-59213-290-4
- U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925
- Dartmouth College Yearbook, 1898, p. 46
- New York, New York, Marriage Index, 1866-1937
- Paul Finkelman, Encyclopedia of the Harlem Renaissance, Taylor & Francis, ISBN 978-1-57958-389-7