Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt
Early life and education
She was born in Brooklyn, New York in 1930 and attended Dana Hall preparatory school and Katharine Gibbs College in New York City, where she studied business. Iserbyt's father and grandfather were Yale University graduates and members of the Skull and Bones secret society.
Iserbyt later came across a federally-funded grant entitled Better Education Skills through Technology (Project BEST), part of which was headed "What we (U.S. Dept. of Education) can control and manipulate at the local level". After leaking this document to Human Events, she was removed from her post in the Department of Education.
Iserbyt was scheduled to do a briefing for officials of the Brazilian government in 2019 regarding her book which was just translated into Portuguese but her trip was cancelled when she fell and broke her hip and femur the week before.
Since 1999, she has served as President of 3D Research, Co. in Bathe, Maine.
She is known for writing the book The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America. The book describes that changes gradually brought into the American public education system work to eliminate the influences of a child's parents, and mold the child into a member of the proletariat in preparation for a socialist-collectivist world of the future. She considers that these changes originated from plans formulated primarily by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Education and Rockefeller General Education Board, and details the psychological methods used to implement and effect the changes.
She also wrote Back to Basics Reform, which documents her experiences working in the U.S. Dept. of Education, where she was privy to past and future plans to restructure American education.
In 1964, Iserbyt married Jan Iserbyt (2 May 1929 – 5 May 2008); they had two sons.
Iserbyt also served as an elected school board member in Camden, Maine 1976–1979, and founded the Maine Conservative Union, an affiliate of the national American Conservative Union, and Guardians of Education for Maine.
- Back to Basics Reform, or OBE: Skinnerian International Curriculum (1985).
- The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America: A Chronological Paper Trail (1999). ISBN 978-0966707106.
- The Secret History of Western Education.[full citation needed]
- Swamp Yankee (2015-01-17), The Skull and Bones: A Discussion with Charlotte Iserbyt, retrieved 2018-04-15
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-09. Retrieved 2011-04-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Iserbyt, Charlotte; Scott D. Lewis. "Charlotte Iserbyt: Societies Secrets". Time Out Prod. & Ska Ras Prod. (Cable Access TV?). Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Iserbyt, Charlotte; Sovereign Solutions (2006-07-02). "Charlotte Iserbyt: The Deliberate Dumbing Down of the World". Missoula Community Access TV www.mcat.org. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt." (August 12, 2019). In: Who's Who of Professional Women. Berkeley Heights, New Jersey: Marquis Who's Who. Archived from the original.
- Goodlad, Dr. Professor John. "John Goodlad education". Google Scholar. Various academic publications. Retrieved June 2018.