Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt
Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt is an American freelance writer who served as the Senior Policy Advisor in the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), U.S. Department of Education, during the first term of U.S. President Ronald Reagan, and staff employee of the U.S. Department of State (South Africa, Belgium, South Korea).
Early life and education
She was born in 1930 and attended Dana Hall preparatory school and Katharine Gibbs College in New York City, where she studied business. Iserbyt's father and grandfather were Yale University graduates and members of the Skull and Bones secret society. Iserbyt had a second degree in something unrelated to education.
She is known for writing the book The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America. The book reveals that changes gradually brought into the American public education system work to eliminate the influences of a child's parents (religion, morals, national patriotism), and mold the child into a member of the proletariat in preparation for a socialist-collectivist world of the future. She says that these changes originated from plans formulated primarily by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Education and Rockefeller General Education Board, and details the psychological methods used to implement and effect the changes.
In an interview concerning secret societies and the elite agenda she disclosed that in the early 1980s she had a chance to meet with Norman Dodd who had been the chief investigator for the United States House Select Committee to Investigate Tax-Exempt Foundations and Comparable Organizations commonly known as the B. Carroll Reece Committee. In the video interview she claims that Dodd discussed a 'network' of individuals including Carnegie who planned to bring about world peace by means of rapid changes in society. These changes would be brought about by involving the populace in various wars and military conflicts. She further claimed that Dodd had discussions with Rowan Gaither, the president of the Ford Foundation in which he revealed that directives from the President of the United States compelled foundations related to the Ford Foundation to direct their funding into bringing about the merger of the USA with the Soviet Union.
Mr. Dodd, all of us here at the policy making level of the foundation have at one time or another served in the OSS (the Office of Strategic Services, the forerunner of the CIA) or the European Economic Administration, operating under directives from the White House. We operate under those same directives… The substance of the directives under which we operate is that we shall use our grant making power to so alter life in the United States that we can be comfortably merged with the Soviet Union.
Filmed interviews of Iserbyt have her detail her story that lead her from school board trustee/administrator to becoming a Ronald Reagan administration staff in the U.S. Department of Education, and discovering further to her complete disbelief how these policies of a socialist-collectivist nature originated all the way to President Reagan, Vice President George H. W. Bush, and their policy advisers.
Up until 1960 Reagan, a leading member of United World Federalists (whose purpose was to merge the United States into a world government), was a charter member of Americans for Democratic Action. Reagan was also a member of the National Advisory Council of the American Veterans Committee that was supposedly "under communist influence."
In 1982 Reagan relieved her of her duties after leaking an important technology grant for computerized learning—Project BEST: "Better Education Skills through Technology" brought about by the scholarly writings and a large study by an education specialist named Dr. John I. Goodlad at the Center for Educational Renewal at the University of Washington, originally from British Columbia, Canada. One book of which Iserbyt was critical, "Schooling for a Global Age", edited by Charlotte C. Anderson, James M. Becker, Institute for Development of Educational Activities, New York 1979, Iserbyt cited as having less to do with fostering learning and mainly to do with psychological manipulation of students, possibly against the teaching of the child's parents, for example, in arts classes.
Parents and the general public must be reached also. Otherwise, children and youth enrolled in globally oriented programs may find themselves in conflict with values assumed in the home. And then the educational institution frequently comes under scrutiny and must pull back.— Dr. John I. Goodlad, Schooling for a Global Age-1979
and again later —
Enlightened social engineering is required to face situations that demand global action now... Parents and the general public must be reached also, otherwise, children and youth enrolled in globally oriented programs may find themselves in conflict with values assumed in the home. And then the educational institution frequently comes under scrutiny and must pull back.— Dr. John I. Goodlad, "Guide to Getting Out Your Message," National Education Goals Panel Community Action Toolkit: A Do-It-Yourself Kit for Education Renewal (September 1994); 6.
- Iserbyt, Charlotte; Scott D. Lewis. "Charlotte Iserbyt: Societies Secrets". Time Out Prod. & Ska Ras Prod. (Cable Access TV?). Retrieved June 2011.
- Iserbyt, Charlotte; Sovereign Solutions (2006-07-02). "Charlotte Iserbyt: The Deliberate Dumbing Down of the World". Missoula Community Access TV www.mcat.org. Retrieved June 2011.
- The Secret History of Western Education.
- Dodd, Norman; G. Edward Griffin (1982). "Norman Dodd Interview Transcript 1982: "The Hidden Agenda for World Government" by G. Edward Griffin". Reality Zone.com / Freedom Force International / G.E. Griffin. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- Dodd, Norman; G. Edward Griffin (1982). "Norman Dodd Interview Film 1982: "The Hidden Agenda for World Government" by G. Edward Griffin". Reality Zone.com / Freedom Force International / G.E. Griffin. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- Dodd, Norman; Dr. Stanley Monteith (1980s). "The Enemy Within (Foundations) - Dr Stan Monteith interview with Norman Dodd". Dr. Stanley Monteith. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- Dodd, Norman (1980s). "Charlotte Iserbyt — Happy New Year Gift for America". public release of the Reece Committee Hearings Transcripts. News With Views. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- Schmadeke, Steve, American Veterans Committee to close last chapter, based in Park Forest, Chicago Tribune, February 07, 2008
- Iserbyt, Charlotte; Scott D. Lewis. news world 54 - Iserbyt on Project BEST. Time Out Prod. & Ska Ras Prod. (Cable Access TV?).
- Goodlad, Dr. Professor John. "Google Scholar of John Goodlad publications". Various academic publications. Retrieved June 2011.[full citation needed]
- Informy (2011-01-12). "Global Schooling: The Hijacking of American Education PDF". Quotations & other writings about "Schooling for a Global Age.". Education For World Citizenship. Retrieved June 2011.
- Kjos, Berit (1996). "What Happened To Parental Rights?". Retrieved June 2011.
- Back to Basics Reform, or OBE: Skinnerian International Curriculum (1985)
- The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America: A Chronological Paper Trail (1999) ISBN 978-0-9667071-0-6
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt.|
- ABCsOfDumbDown.blogspot.com Official Blog
- Charlotte Iserbyt - Deliberate Dumbing Down of the World