List of Charlotte neighborhoods
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Charlotte neighborhoods)
Main article: Charlotte, North Carolina
- The Arboretum is located along Pineville-Matthews Road
- Ayrsley is a master-planned community located in Southwest Charlotte
- Ballantyne is a newer upscale area, along the NC/SC border, centered on the Ballantyne Resort
- Barclay Downs is a mid-twentieth century neighborhood west of Colony Road near the SouthPark Mall
- Beverly Woods is an area of Southpark enclosed by Sharon Road, Park Road, and Sulkirk Road
- Carmel Village is an area near the intersection of Pineville-Matthews Road and Carmel Road
- Blakeney is centered on the intersection of Ardrey Kell and Rea roads, located in between the Arboretum and Ballantyne neighborhoods
- Chantilly is a neighborhood along 7th street between Plaza-Midwood (Charlotte neighborhood) and Elizabeth
- Cherry is a small neighborhood along South Kings Drive and East 4th Street between the Elizabeth and Myers Park neighborhoods
- Cotswold is centered on the intersection of Randolph and Sharon Amity roads
- Dilworth is a historic streetcar suburb of largely craftsman-style bungalows located directly South of uptown
- Eastover is a small neighborhood started by prominent local landowner E.C.Griffith.
- Elizabeth, located along East 7th Street and Elizabeth Avenue, is a historic streetcar suburb. Also located here are two large hospitals and the city's municipal football stadium.
- Historic South End is a former industrial district directly south of Uptown that has been converted into an entertainment and office district
- Landsdowne is located along Providence Rd between the Intersection of Fairview Road and Sardis Road and the intersection of Rea Road and Alexander Road
- Madison Park is a desirable residential area located between E Woodlawn Road to the north, Park Road to the east, Chedworth to the south, and South Blvd to the west. It made up of 1950's style homes, many of which have been renovated
- Myers Park is a wealthy master-planned neighborhood from the early 20th century characterized by its curving streets and mature oaks
- Nations Ford is the area of southwestern Charlotte, near Steele Creek
- Parkdale is northeast of Park Road/Tyvola Road intersection, south of Briar Creek
- Piper Glen is a country club community located off Rea Road, and home of TPC Piper Glen Golf Course, designed by Arnold Palmer.
- Quail Hollow, located in between Southpark and Pineville, is home to the Quail Hollow Championship
- Raeburn is located along Rea Road
- Sedgefield is located immediately south of Dilworth
- SouthPark is a small edge city centered on the intersection of Sharon Road and Fairview Road. It includes the nearby neighborhoods of Morrocroft and Foxcroft
- Starmount is a large neighborhood in the South Boulevard area
- Steele Creek is located in Southwestern Mecklenburg County
- Yorkshire is located in the Steele Creek area of Southwest Charlotte, near Carowinds and SC border, between Choate Circle and South Tryon Street
- Ashley Park is the area between Ashley Rd and Freedom Dr
- Dixie/Berryhill is a neighborhood located in the extreme west bordering Gaston County near the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.
- Biddleville, in west Charlotte along Beatties Ford Rd, is a historically African-American neighborhood surrounding Johnson C. Smith University
- Camp Greene / Historic Camp Greene is the area between Wilkinson Blvd, Freedom Drive, W Morehead St, and Ashley Rd. This includes parts of Ashley Park.
- Clanton Park is located near the intersection of Clanton Rd and West Blvd and takes its name from the park named Clanton Park
- Reid Park is located where Tryon St and West Blvd meet. Neighborhood is home to Reid Park Elementary School
- Coulwood is an area bounded by Brookshire Blvd. and Mount Holly Rd.
- Enderly Park is located in west Charlotte along Tuckaseegee Road between I-85 and Berryhill Rd
- Lincoln Heights is the area surrounding La Salle St between Statesville Ave and Beaties Ford Rd
- Mountain Island Village is located in the extreme northwest along Brookshire Rd, I-485, and Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd near Mountain Island Lake
- Oakview Terrace is the neighborhood surrounding the Brookshire freeway between Tennessee Ave and Rozelles Ferry Rd
- Paw Creek is a "Tank town", located in western Mecklenburg County bordering Gaston County
- Revolution Park is the area surrounding the intersection of West Blvd and Remount Rd west of Center City
- Shopton is the corridor of Shopton Rd near I-485 and Gaston County south of the airport
- Shuffletown area surrounds Bellhaven Rd and Mt. Holly-Huntersville Rd
- Thomasboro/Hoskins is a former mill town in west Charlotte, between Freedom Drive and N Hoskins Rd north of I-85
- Todd Park is located along Toddville Rd
- Washington Heights is a historic streetcar suburb north of Biddleville
- Wesley Heights is a historically registered neighborhood adjacent to uptown Charlotte
- Wilmore is a historically registered neighborhood adjacent to SouthEnd
- Westerly Hills is the neighborhood surrounding Alleghany St
- Yorkmount Park is the area surrounding the intersection of Tyvola Rd and Nations Ford Rd
- Belmont is a former mill village located east of Uptown, bordered by N. Davidson St., Parkwood Ave, 10th Ave, and Hawthorne St.
- Coulwood is located near Coulwood park and Bellhaven Rd
- Croft, area located along Old Statesville Rd and Sugar Creek Rd between Hucks R and West W.T Harris
- Derita, centered on the Derita mineral spring, is located north of I-85 along West Sugar Creek Road.
- Eastfield/Prosperity is the area bordered by Eastfield Road, Brown Road and Prosperity Church Rd
- Hidden Valley is located along Sugar Creek Rd south of I-85, bordered by North Tryon St. along the south and west.
- Highland Creek is a planned community West of Concord Mills and I-85, east of Eastfield Road and north of Mallard Creek.
- Lockwood, consisting of low-income residential housing, is to the northeast of the I-277 loop, between North Tryon St. and North Graham St.
- Newell is located along Old Concord Rd
- NoDa, a former mill village previously called North Charlotte, is located along North Davidson Street.
- Northlake is located near the mall of the same name.
- Oakdale is located along Oakdale Rd.
- Pleasant Grove is located along Pleasant Grove Rd
- Sunset Hills is located near Sunset Hills golf course and along Sunset Rd and I-77
- Tryon Hills is area surrounding North Tryon St just northeast of Uptown.
- University City is the portion of Charlotte in the extreme northeast around UNC Charlotte.
- Villa Heights, a former mill village, now combined with a portion of the former Plaza Hills neighborhood, is bordered by Parkwood Avenue, The Plaza, Matheson Avenue, and North Davidson Street.
- Wilson Heights is the area surrounding the intersection of Statesville Rd and Nevin Rd
- Easthaven is bounded by W.T. Harris Blvd, Easthaven Dr., Meadowdale Lane and Dawnwood Dr.
- Eastland is a large portion of eastern Charlotte.
- Grier Heights is an area bounded by N. Wendover Rd, Monroe Rd. and Randolph Rd.
- Grove Park is a spacious park-like neighborhood with tree-lined streets, lakes, and friendly neighbors. It is bordered by W.T. Harris Blvd., Robinson Church Road, and the Ravenwood Community.
- Hickory Grove is an area of East Charlotte along East W.T. Harris Blvd and Hickory Grove Road.
- Hickory Ridge is an area approximately bordered by East W.T. Harris Blvd, Albemarle Road, and Pence/Parkton/Hickory Grove Road.
- Idlewild is a neighborhood bordering Eastland along East W.T. Harris Blvd and Idlewild road.
- Oakhurst is the area surrounding Monroe Rd between Wendover and Sharon Amity Rd.
- Plaza Hills is an area extending from North of Mecklenburg Ave along the Plaza to Matheson Ave.
- Plaza-Midwood is an area east of Uptown and along The Plaza and along Central Ave.
- Ravenwood is a well maintained neighborhood with large mature trees that borders the Grove Park neighborhood, Plott Road and Robinson Church Road.
- Reedy Creek is an area of the far north of Mecklenburg County on The Plaza near Cabarrus County
- Shamrock is a neighborhood along Shamrock Road near Plaza-Midwood.
- Sardis Woods is an area of East Charlotte bounded by Sardis Rd, Sardis Rd North and the Crown Point Business Park.
- Sheffield Park is a neighborhood full of history bounded by North Sharon Amity Road, Albermarle Rd. and Central Avenue.
- Sherwood Forest is a neighborhood bounded by North Sharon Amity Road, Randolph Rd. and Sardis Road.
- Stonehaven is an area of East Charlotte bounded by Rama Rd., Sardis Rd. and the McAlpine Greenway.
- Windsor Park is a neighborhood full of history bounded by North Sharon Amity Road, Kilborne Rd. and Central Avenue.
- Uptown/Downtown: central business district surrounded by Interstate 277, comprising four wards delineated by South Tryon and Trade Streets. First Ward is today home to a sizable mixed-income housing area. Second Ward, formerly known as Brooklyn, was a traditionally African-American neighborhood that was converted in the mid-twentieth century into a city and county government office center in efforts to revitalize the area. Third ward is known chiefly as the home of the Carolina Panthers who play at Bank of America Stadium. Parts of Fourth Ward fall within a registered historic district as one of the few neighborhoods of single-family homes left within the I-277 loop.
- archive version of neighborhood listing - waybackmachine October 2007
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.