Charlottesville Friends Church
|Townships||Jackson (H), Ripley (R)|
|Elevation||942 ft (287 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||432430|
Charlottesville is an unincorporated community in Hancock and Rush counties in the U.S. state of Indiana. The Hancock County portion is in Jackson Township, while the Rush County portion is in Ripley Township.
Charlottesville is located at.
Eastern Hancock Community School Corporation services the towns of Charlottesville, Wilkinson, Shirley, Warrington, and surrounding areas in eastern Hancock County. It consists of one elementary school (Grades K - 5), one middle school (Grades 6 - 8), and one high school (Grades 9 - 12).
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Charlottesville, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- Rush County: Interim Report. Indiana Historic Sites and Structures Inventory. Indianapolis: Indiana Landmarks, 1988, 20.
- Binford, John H. (1882). History of Hancock County, Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement by the "pale Face," in 1818, Down to 1882. King & Binford. p. 245.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 92. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...probably named for Charlottesville, Virginia...
- Richman, George J. (1916). History of Hancock County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. Wm. Mitchell Printing Company. p. 720.
|This Hancock County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Rush County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|