Charlottesville Derby Dames
|Metro area||Charlottesville, VA|
|Teams||All Stars (A team)
Belmont Bruisers (B team)
|Venue||Charlottesville Main Street Arena|
The Charlottesville Derby Dames (CDD) is a flat-track roller derby league based in Charlottesville, Virginia founded in 2007. The league's mission is "to promote sportsmanship and community by providing an alternative form of fitness and entertainment to the women and men of Charlottesville and surrounding counties".
The league was founded in 2007 by Jessika Daver and Phenol Barbie Doll, and played its first home bout in October 2009, against the Northside Stranglers. In August 2012, the league hosted a state roller derby championship, "Virginia is for Shovers". The league was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) Apprentice Program in January 2012, and graduated to full membership of the WFTDA in December 2012. In January 2013, they were declared Charlottesville's "official roller derby team", by the city's mayor. In February 2016 Charlottesville Derby Dames were ranked #34 in the world by the WFTDA.
- "About Us". Charlottesville Derby Dames.
- Eric Fink, "Charlottesville's Derby Dames A Big Hit", NBC 29, November 1, 2009
- Mary Dunleavy, "'Virginia is for Shovers' Roller Derby Tournament", NBC 29, August 3, 2012
- "13 Women's Roller Derby Leagues Join WFTDA Apprentice Program", WFTDA, 31 January 2012
- "WFTDA Welcomes 14 New Members", 3 December 2012
- Graham Moomaw, "City Council loosens music restrictions", The Daily Progress, January 23, 2013
- "Current Rankings". WFTDA. Retrieved 19 April 2016.