Charter Oak High School
|Charter Oak High School|
|1430 East Covina Blvd.
Covina, California 91724
|School district||Charter Oak Unified School District|
|Enrollment||1,566  (2016-17)|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Newspaper||The Bolt Live|
Charter Oak High School is a four-year comprehensive secondary school in the Charter Oak Unified School District. It is located in the City of Covina, California, in the San Gabriel Valley east of Los Angeles The school serves 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th graders from the communities of Covina, Glendora and San Dimas. Enrollment in 2016-17 was 1,566. Charter Oak High School, which opened in 1959, is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. 
The school also was named one of the top 1,500 high schools in the country by Newsweek magazine in 2009. 
- International Baccalaureate(IB) program  : Charter Oak was the first Los Angeles County high school to adopt the rigorous IB program. 
- BETA (Business Educational Technology Academy)
- Health and Wellness Academy: Project Lead the Way biomedical pathway program
- Project Lead the Way Engineering Design and Development Academy
- Advanced Placement
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
- 2009 CIF Southern Section Southeast Division Football Champions
- 2008 CIF Southern Section Southeast Division Football Champions
- 2007 CIF Southern Section Division IV Baseball Champions
- 1998 CIF Southern Section Division VII Football Champions
- 1993 CIF Southern Section Divison II Girls Softball Champions
- 1990 CIF Southern Section Softball 4-A Champions
- 1985 CIF Southern Section Southeastern Conference Football Champions
|Hispanic or Latino||62.4%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.4%|
|Two or more Races||2.6%|
- "2016-17 Enrollment by Ethnicity". California Department of Education. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- "Directory of Schools". Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- "1986-2009 Distinguished Schools Data File" (XLS). California Department of Education. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "State Schools Chief Tom Torlakson Announces 2015 California Gold Ribbon Schools Award". California Department of Education. May 5, 2015. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- "Ten Local High Schools Listed as Top 1,500 in the Nation". San Gabriel Valley Tribune. June 19, 2009. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- "Charter Oak High School". International Baccalaureate. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- "Charter Oak High Students Learn with an International Flavor". Glendora Patch. June 12, 2011. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- "Mike Dyer". The Baseball Cube. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- "Shane Bowers". The Baseball Cube. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- "Enrollment by Ethnicity for 2016-17". California Department of Education. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
|This Los Angeles County school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|