|Public (LSE: CHTR)|
|Lars Emilson, Chairman
Michael Foster, CEO
|Revenue||£1,719.6 million (2010)|
|£145.9 million (2010)|
|£118.9 million (2010)|
Number of employees
In 1965 The British South Africa Company merged with The Central Mining & Investment Corporation and The Consolidated Mines Selection Company to form Charter Consolidated.
In 1993 the company's name changed to Charter plc.
The company was acquired by Colfax Corporation, an American company, in January 2012.
The company had two main businesses:
- ESAB: welding, cutting and automation
- Howden: air and gas handling
- Annual Report 2010 Archived July 21, 2011, on Wayback Machine.
- Charter International: History Archived December 12, 2008, on Wayback Machine.
- No deals please: we are Swedish
- Guide to interim management Archived May 10, 2008, on Wayback Machine.
- New Jersey incorporated Irish tax resident London listed holding company Archived November 29, 2010, on Wayback Machine.
- ESAB Acquired by Colfax Corporation PR Web, 13 January 2012