The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), formerly the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply, is a global professional body working for the procurement and supply profession in many regions of the world. It promotes best practice and provides services for non-professionals and its over 64,000 members in 180 countries.
It received its Royal Charter from Queen Elizabeth II in 1992, and offered its members Chartered Status in 2014; members are eligible for Chartered Status after completing a programme of continuing professional development including the successful completion of the CIPS ethics test.
CIPS promotes and develops high standards of professional skill, ability, and integrity among all those engaged in procurement and supply chain management. Its headquarters are located in Easton on the Hill, just inside Northamptonshire, near Stamford, Lincolnshire but it has offices around the world and partnerships in other countries where it has a presence.
CIPS office locations
- CIPS Australia and New Zealand
- CIPS Hong Kong Branch
- CIPS Middle East and North Africa. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, CIPS has branches in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, Egypt and Qatar.
- Ghana office in Accra, opened 2017
The CIPS Foundation is a "linked charity" which promotes education in purchasing and supply.
CIPS also publishes a range of special reports as part of its SM Insider programme and other reaction reports on key topics such as Brexit.
- Supply Chain
- Institute for Supply Management, professional body for procurement and supply management in the United States
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS), The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply - Welcome archived 3 March 2000, accessed 21 December 2022
- CIPS, Annual Report & Accounts 2016, accessed 6 May 2018
- EduMaritime, CIPS Australia a& New Zealand - Training and Certification in Purchasing & Supply Chain ( [sic]), accessed 21 December 2022
- "CIPS Hong Kong Branch". Archived from the original on 28 August 2016. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- Sam Achampong to head CIPS MENA operations, 8 June 2015, accessed 14 November 2016
- CIPS, CIPS Ghana Office, accessed 12 May 2021
- Charity Commission for England and Wales, The CIPS Foundation, Charity number: 1017938-1, accessed 15 June 2023
- "Home - Wonderly Wonderly - content.digital.audience".