|Look up charterhouse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A charterhouse is a Carthusian monastery. The word is derived by phono-semantic matching from the French term chartreuse, the first monastery of the order having been established in a valley of the Chartreuse Mountains (see List of Carthusian monasteries).
It can also refer to:
- Charterhouse Bank
- Charterhouse Capital Partners, a UK-based private equity firm
- Charterhouse Group, private equity firm
- Charterhouse Group, a US-based private equity firm
- Charterhouse, Somerset, also Charterhouse-on-Mendip, a hamlet in the Mendip Hills, England
- Charterhouse Roman Town, a town in the Roman province of Britannia, located close to Charterhouse-on-Mendip
- Hinton Charterhouse, a village in Somerset, England
Sites of scientific interest
- Charterhouse to Eashing, in Surrey, England
- Hinton Charterhouse Field, in Somerset, England
- Hinton Charterhouse Pit, in Somerset, England
- The Charterhouse of Parma, a novel by Stendhal
- Charterhouse School, a famous English public school in Surrey, whose correct name does not include the word School
- Charterhouse Square, London, England
- London Charterhouse, London, England "The Charterhouse Hospital" and the original site of Charterhouse School
- Shepshed Albion F.C., a defunct Association Football club known from 1975 to 1992 as Shepshed Charterhouse
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Charterhouse.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.