|• Total||14 km2 (5 sq mi)|
|• Official||Malayalam language, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KL-31 (Mavelikkara)|
|Sex ratio||1145 ♂/♀|
Charummood is a fast growing town in Mavelikkara Taluk of Alappuzha district in Kerala. Charummood is 12 km east of Kayamkulam , 15 km west of Adoor and 12 km south of Mavelikkara. Charummood Junction is one of the busiest in the district due to intersection of KP Road (Kayamkulam- Punalur Road) and NH 183 (Kollam - Theni Highway). Charummood is also a culturally important place. It celebrates a lot of religious and non religious festivals and programmes every year. The very famous Vetticode Nagaraja Temple is located at a distance of 4 kilometers from Charummood Town. Famous chunakkara mahadevar temple is located at a distance of 4 Km from charummood town, which is famous for sarvam swayambhoo deity and its festival is the first mega festival of entire onattukara area . Padanilam Parabrahma Temple, which is famous for its Sivarathri festival, is about 5 kilometers from Charummood town.
1.Chunakkara Ramankutty, Notable lyricist, he penned songs for many hit songs in malayalam like devatharoo poothu , sindoora thilakavumayi, worked for many movies like odaruth ammava alariyam,kandu kandarinju, mutharam kunnu po,adhipan, irupatham noottandu,doore doore koodu kottam, kottayam kunjachan etc
2.O.Madhavan, Playwright& Director.Social activist.Notable Drama - Doctor. His son Mukesh is a popular film actor.
3.Noornad Ramachandran. Film Director National Award Winner for the film Achan Pattalam.Directed a number of Documentaries.
4. V.Muraleedharan Nair. National Award Winner for Best Teacher. Former Head Master VVHS Thamarakkulam.
5. T.R. Tharayil (late) Poet & Novelist. Notable work. Nidarshanam, a Romantic novel.
6. B. Aburaj- Poet & Journalist. Director, State Institute of Educational Technology (SIET)www.sietkerala.gov.in. Winner Kerala University Youth Festival twice. Former Vice Chairman Kerala University Union and Asst. Pvt. Secretary to Home Minister Kerala(2006-2011). Worked as Sub Editor Deshabhimani Daily, Editor The Commercial Magazine -Muscat and Asst. Manager Mangalam Daily.Notable work- Adhikaravum Adhyayanavum (Power& Education)
7. J. Shailaja. Dramatist& Cultural Activist. Alumni National School of Drama New Delhi. Notable work -Thathri. Address Vaikhari, Chunakkara. Vice President Chunakkara Sreekumar Foundation and Chairperson Vaikhari Collective.
Major educational institutions in Charummood are VVHSS Thamarakkulam, St. Marys L.P.S. Charummood, St. Joseph's Convent School Presidency College of Management and Technology, which is MG & Kerala University off-campus Center, Presidency Public School, ISET Polytechnic College.
Places of worship
St Joseph's church is at the heart of the town. Main temples near Charummood are Vetticode Nagaraja Swamy temple, Chunakkara mahadevar temple, Padanilam parabrahma temple etc. and a Catholic church located in the heart of the town. The main Mosque is Chunakara South Muslim-Jamath and Nouril huda Islam madrasa.
Other places of interest
Many banks are located in Charummood like SBT, Federal Bank and other private banks. Nearby hospitals are SN Hospital, St. Thomas Mission Hospital,
- "അബുരാജ് എസ്ഐഇടി ഡയറക്ടര്". Deshabhimani. Retrieved 2016-10-23. zero width joiner character in
|title=at position 25 (help)
- "ദേശാഭിമാനി | Deshabhimani | Kerala Breaking News in Malayalam Complete Malayalam News Portal | Deshabhimani Daily Newspaper | മലയാളം വാര്ത്ത". Deshabhimani. Retrieved 2016-10-23. zero width joiner character in
|title=at position 140 (help)