Charvil is a village and civil parish in Berkshire, England. The village is 3 miles (5 km) east of the centre of Reading on the A4 road to Maidenhead, between Sonning and Twyford. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 3,042.
Charvil's community centre was built in 1952 as the Church of England church of Saint Patrick but was deconsecrated in 2011. It was later demolished to make room for a housing project in 2019. Charvil is part of the ecclesiastical parish of St Andrew, Sonning.
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Notable current and former residents include
- Uri Geller, illusionist
- David Hamilton, radio and television broadcaster
- Alan Titchmarsh, television gardener.
Nearby towns and cities
- Reading & Windsor, Henley-on-Thames & Bracknell (Map). 1:50,000. Landranger. Ordnance Survey. 2012. § 175. ISBN 978-0319232149.
- "1:50,000 Scale Gazetteer" (csv (download)). www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk. Ordnance Survey. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Charvil Parish (1170211992)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- "The Wee Waif". Hungry Horse. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- The Lands End
- "Church council closes St Patrick's Church in Charvil". BBC Berkshire. 9 November 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Charvil.|
|This Berkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|