August 11, 1983 |
Torrance, California, United States
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||264 lb (120 kg; 18.9 st)|
|Reach||77.0 in (196 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Chase Gormley (born August 11, 1983) is an American mixed martial artist in the heavyweight division. He is currently signed to Bellator MMA and has also competed for the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Mixed martial arts career
Gormley made his professional mixed martial arts debut in April 2007. He defeated his first six opponents, before his stint with the UFC.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Gormley was expected to face Ben Rothwell at Affliction: Trilogy on August 1, 2009. However, the bout was moved to UFC 104, on October 24, after Affliction Entertainment ceased operations. As a result of a number of bouts being shuffled, Gormley's opponent was changed to Stefan Struve. Gormley lost the fight due to a triangle choke submission in the first round.
Gormley faced Bobby Brents at Bellator 162 on October 21, 2016. He won the fight via split decision.
Prior to becoming a fighter, Gormley worked as a personal trainer.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- Titan Fighting Championship
- Titan FC heavyweight championship (one time)
- Gladiator Challenge
- Gladiator Challenge heavyweight championship (one time)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|20 matches||14 wins||6 losses|
|Loss||14–6 (1)||Sergei Kharitonov||KO (punch)||Bellator 175||March 31, 2017||1||3:55||Rosemont, Illinois, United States|
|Win||14–5 (1)||Bobby Brents||Decision (split)||Bellator 162||October 21, 2016||3||5:00||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Win||13–5 (1)||Joey Beltran||Decision (split)||Bellator 155||May 20, 2016||3||5:00||Boise, Idaho, United States|
|Loss||12–5 (1)||Dan Charles||KO (punch)||Bellator 143||September 25, 2015||2||4:35||Hidalgo, Texas, United States|
|Win||12–4 (1)||Jon Madsen||Decision (unanimous)||Titan Fighting Championships 33||March 20, 2015||5||5:00||Mobile, Alabama, United States||Won the inaugural Titan FC heavyweight championship; later vacated the title.|
|Win||11–4 (1)||Dale Sopi||Decision (unanimous)||RFA 21: Juusola vs. Baghdad||December 5, 2014||3||5:00||Costa Mesa, California, United States|
|Win||10–4 (1)||Tony Lopez||TKO (knee injury)||LOP: Chaos at the Casino 5||August 10, 2014||3||4:21||Inglewood, California, United States|
|Win||9–4 (1)||Abdumonim Adoli||TKO (punches)||Gladiator Fighting Championship 6||May 30, 2014||1||0:38||Kuwait City, Kuwait||Openweight bout.|
|Win||8–4 (1)||Brandon Sayles||Decision (unanimous)||XFC 16: High Stakes||February 10, 2012||3||5:00||Knoxville, Tennessee, United States||Super heavyweight bout.|
|Loss||7–4 (1)||Beau Tribolet||TKO (punches)||Superior Cage Combat 2||August 20, 2011||1||2:40||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|NC||7–3 (1)||Maurice Jackson||No contest||Superior Cage Combat 1||May 21, 2011||1||2:59||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||7–3||Mike Whitehead||TKO (punches)||IFC: Extreme Challenge||July 10, 2010||4||4:34||Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, United States||For the IFC heavyweight championship.|
|Win||7–2||Ryan Fortin||Decision (unanimous)||MFC 25: Vindication||May 7, 2010||3||5:00||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Loss||6–2||Brendan Schaub||TKO (punches)||UFC Live: Vera vs. Jones||March 21, 2010||1||0:47||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Loss||6–1||Stefan Struve||Submission (triangle choke)||UFC 104||October 24, 2009||1||4:04||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Win||6–0||Eric Pele||Decision (unanimous)||MFC 16: Anger Management||May 9, 2008||3||5:00||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Win||5–0||Rick Cheek||Submission (americana)||GC 73: High Noon||December 22, 2007||2||2:20||Sacramento, California, United States||Won the Gladiator Challenge heavyweight championship.|
|Win||4–0||Brandon Tarns||TKO (punches)||GC 69: Bad Intentions||September 22, 2007||1||N/A||Sacramento, California, United States|
|Win||3–0||Adolfo de la Torre||TKO (strikes)||COF 9: Durango||August 25, 2007||1||N/A||N/A|
|Win||2–0||John Devine||Submission (toe hold)||GC 66: Battle Ground||July 27, 2007||3||N/A||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Win||1–0||Jon Murphy||Decision (unanimous)||KOTC: Sinister||April 27, 2007||2||5:00||San Jacinto, California, United States|
- Staff (June 3, 2009). "Heavyweights Ben Rothwell vs. Chase Gormley booked for "Affliction: Trilogy" card". mmajunkie.com.
- Staff (July 29, 2009). "Affliction's Ben Rothwell and Chase Gormley moved to UFC, meet at UFC 104 in October". mmajunkie.com.
- Staff (August 21, 2009). "Report: Chase Gormley meets Stefan Struve at UFC 104 heavyweight contest in October". mmajunkie.com.
- Admin (October 25, 2009). "UFC 104 Results: Machida Retains Title With Controversial Win Over "Shogun," Velasquez Dominates Rothwell". mmafrenzy.com.
- Cory Brady (March 21, 2010). ""Bones" Jones stops Vera early, Dos Santos flattens Gonzaga during "UFC on Versus"". fiveouncesofpain.com.
- Mike Sloan (July 2, 2015). "Bellator MMA Signs Titan FC Heavyweight Champ Chase Gormley". sherdog.com.
- Matt Erickson (September 25, 2015). "Bellator 143 results: Joe Warren grinds out L.C. Davis for title shot, Grove TKOs Beltran". mmajunkie.com.
- Danny Segura (March 24, 2016). "Marcin Held vs. Dave Jansen, Joey Beltran vs. Chase Gormley added to Bellator 155 main card". mmafighting.com.
- Mike Bohn (March 22, 2017). "With 1 fight left on deal, Bellator 175's Chase Gormley not interested in return to UFC". mmajunkie.com.
- Matt Erickson (March 31, 2017). "Bellator 175 results: 'King Mo' Lawal evens score with decision over 'Rampage' Jackson". mmajunkie.com.
- "Chase Gormley UFC profile". ufc.com.