|This is an old revision of this page, as edited by InternetArchiveBot at 19:13, 20 November 2016 (Rescuing 3 sources and tagging 1 as dead. #IABot (v126.96.36.199)). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .|
|Born||31 May 1989|
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||97 kg (15 st 4 lb)|
|Position||Centre, Wing, Five-eighth|
As of 14 June 2011
Chase Stanley (born 31 May 1989 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia) is a professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs of the National Rugby League and has represented New Zealand in international competition. His position of choice is centre, he can also operate on the wing.
In 2005 he was contracted to the St George Illawarra Dragons as a junior and continued to play there in the 2nd tier competitions till he debuted on the NRL in 2007. He played 41 games for the Dragons between 2007 and 2009.
Stanley signed a two-year deal with the Melbourne Storm starting in the 2010 NRL season. He made his Storm debut on 30 May 2010.
At the end of the 2013 season Stanley signed a 2-year deal with the Canterbury Bulldogs starting in 2014 NRL season.
Stanley made his international rugby league debut for the New Zealand Kiwis in their third Test against the Great Britain national rugby league team in November, 2007. Although the Kiwis lost to Great Britain, Stanley had a personally successful debut, scoring two tries.
Stanley is eligible to represent Samoa, and was named in the Samoa training squad for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup as well as the New Zealand training squad, but missed out on final selection for both.
Stanley is one of the famous increasing 'Stanley' Rugby Clan - which include:
- 'Smokin' Joe (All Black World Cup Winner 1987, Auckland)
- Jeremy (All Black 1997, Auckland)
- Benson (All Black 2010) (Auckland Blues Super 14 2008, Clermont Ferrand)
- Winston (NZ U20 World Cup Winner 2009, NZ U19 World Cup Winner 2007, Auckland, Harlequins)
- Martin (Auckland)
- Ben (Bedford Blues Academy 2004-2006)
- Michael (Saracens & England U16's 2006, U18's 2007, U20's 2007/8, 2008/09), Samoa RWC2015
- Sam (Saracens & England U16's 2008, England U18's AER 2009, Bedford Blues, Ealing, England 7's)
He also has two sons with his long term partner.
- "Stanley back in familiar territory". Fox Sports. 9 April 2008. Retrieved 9 April 2008.
- "Thrill of Chase eases Kiwis' pain". Fairfax Digital. 12 November 2007. Archived from the original on 17 November 2007. Retrieved 17 November 2007.
- "NRL's island talent". Samoa Observer. 28 March 2008. Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 4 August 2008.
- "Samoa name World Cup Squad". League Unlimited. 5 August 2008. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- "Kiwis select Sonny Bill". Sky Sports. 8 August 2008. Retrieved 8 August 2008.
- "Wesser valuable in Dream win". Daily Telegraph. 26 October 2008. Retrieved 29 January 2009.
- Walter, Brad (27 February 2010). "Chasing regular spot, Kyle vows no charity if Stanley boys go head-to-head". Melbourne: LeagueHQ. Retrieved 16 March 2010.