Chasing the Moon (TV series)
|Chasing the Moon|
|Directed by||Robert Stone|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||3|
|Original release||July 10, 2019|
|No.||Title||Summary||Original air date|
|1||"A Place Beyond the Sky"||Efforts by the United States from 1957 to catch up with the Soviet Union in the space race||July 8, 2019|
|2||"Earthrise"||The years 1964 to 1968, particularly the Apollo 1 and Apollo 8 missions||July 9, 2019|
|3||"Magnificent Desolation"||The Apollo 11 mission, including the lunar landing and return to Earth, its cultural impacts in the US and internationally, and its legacy||July 10, 2019|
Chasing the Moon was made for PBS and first broadcast on its American Experience program in July 2019 over three successive nights. It was among the documentaries and dramas screened that month to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 lunar landing.
- "Chasing the Moon". American Experience. PBS. 10 July 2019. Retrieved 13 July 2021.
- Entertainment, Elizabeth Howell 2019-06-06T23:00:17Z. "PBS Series 'Chasing the Moon' Takes a New Look at the Apollo-Era Space Race". Space.com. Retrieved 2019-08-31.
- "'Chasing the Moon' revisits historic Apollo 11 mission". Washington Post. Retrieved 2019-08-31.
- "Chasing The Moon". SBS On Demand. Special Broadcasting Service (Australia). 2019. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- "Chasing The Moon - Documentary". SBS On Demand. Retrieved 2019-08-31.
- "Chasing the Moon: It took millions of steps to make one giant leap". PBS: American Experience. Public Broadcasting Service. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- Stuever, Hank (19 July 2019). "What's better than a TV shot of Apollo 11? The looks on the faces back home". The Washington Post. Nash Holdings. Retrieved 31 August 2019.