|Industry||Military and Industrial Computer Systems and LCD Displays|
|Headquarters||San Diego, California, United States|
Single Board Computer Systems with Passive and Active Backplanes
Distributed Cloud Computing Systems
Chassis Plans is an American military and industrial computer systems manufacturer specializing in rackmount computers, military computers, rugged computers, industrial PCs, rackmount LCDs, single-board computer systems with passive and active backplanes and motherboard systems. Chassis Plans is a spin-off of Industrial Computer Source.
Chassis Plans specializes in providing custom and semi-custom solutions with an emphasis on systems tailored exactly to the application requirements. A wide variety of rackmount 1U thru 5U computer systems are offered as standard products as outgrowths of custom designs. A line of military grade LCD keyboard systems is also offered.
- 1997: Established as a spin-off of Industrial Computer Source providing engineering services and computer system designs.
- 1998: Recognized by Internet Telephony Center Stage for the design of the 717-BP20 Rackmount Computer.
- 2001: Chassis Plans expands product offering from design services to complete turnkey computer systems.
- 2004: Chassis Plans releases 11309-101 small footprint PC as federally and multi-state certified for use in direct recording electronic voting systems offering the first electronic voting machine with a paper trail.
- 2005: Releases Phase 1 of Homeland Defense Air Force Perimeter Security System.
- 2005: Releases the CPR-27201 as first rackmount LCD keyboard with a 20.1-inch TFT LCD.
- 2005: Ranked #4 on San Diego Business Journal 2005 Fast 100 Fastest Growing Companies in San Diego.
- 2006: Ranked #13 on San Diego Business Journal 2006 Fast 100 Fastest Growing Companies in San Diego.
- 2006: COTS Journal article "Rugged Displays Suit Up for Challenging Environments".
- 2006: Participates in a SeaPort-e Teaming contract with The Marlin Alliance.
- 2006: Participates in Navy MTAPP-TNG program.
- 2006: Ranked #151 on Inc. 500, top of list for Computer and Electronic Companies.
- 2007: Selected to provide rider annunciation systems to Long Island Rail Road under Homeland Defense contract.
- 2007: Long Island Railroad Chassis selected by Dassault Systèmes S.A. for inclusion in 2008 rollout for SolidWorks.
- 2008: Achieves Microsoft Certified Partner status.
- 2009: Honored in the New California 100 List.
- 2009: Moved to new manufacturing facility.
- 2010: Honored by DiversityBusiness.com's Top 500 Fastest Growing Companies.
- 2010: Named for third time to San Diego Business Journal Fast 100 list.
- 2011: Achieves ISO 9001:2008 Quality Standard certification.
- 2011: Honored by 2nd selection in Inc 500/5000 list for 2011.
- 2012: Honored by 4th selection in San Diego Business Journal Fast 100 List for 2012.
- 2012: Honored by 3rd selection in Inc 500/5000 list for 2012.
- 2013: Named for fifth time in San Diego Business Journal Fast 100 List for 2013.
- 2013: Honored by 4th selection in Inc 500/5000 list for 2013. #39 of Top 100 Computer Hardware Companies.
- 2013: Releases Military Computer Source-Book 2014 and Industrial Computer Source-Book 2014.
- 2014: Funds 'Chassis Plans Leadership in Engineering Scholarship'.
- 2014: Named to Dell Founders Club 50.
- 2014: Intelligent Aerospace Magazine Article - "Enhancing displays used in unmanned aircraft systems ground control stations" 
- 2014: COTS Journal Magazine article - "Ruggedized Servers Revamp Data-Centric Military Environments"
- 2014: Joins the EDGE® Innovation Network 
- 2014: Named for sixth time in San Diego Business Journal Fast 100 List for 2014.
- 2014: Honored by DiversityBusiness.com's Top 500 Fastest Growing Companies.
- 2014: Awards Leadership in Engineering Scholarship.
- 2014: Named for fifth time to Inc 500/5000 list.
- 2014: Secures trademarks for "Industrial Computer Source-Book" and "Military Computer Source-Book".
- 2015: Awards Winter 2015 Leadership in Engineering Scholarship to Grace Bushnell.
- http://www.cotsjournalonline.com/articles/view/100454 archived at http://www.chassis-plans.com/PDF/cots_article_rugged_lcd.pdf