|Created||1 April 1965|
|• Body||Hackney London Borough Council|
There was a revision of ward boundaries in Hackney in 1978.
There was a revision of ward boundaries in Hackney in 2002.
The ward returns three councillors to Hackney London Borough Council, with an election every four years. At the last local election on 6 May 2010, Luke Akehurst, Sally Mulready, and Guy Nicholson, all Labour Party candidates, were returned. Turnout was 54%; with 4,771 votes cast.
In 2001, Chatham ward had a total population of 10,722. This compares with the average ward population within the borough of 10,674.
From the May 2014 election the ward is replaced by a new Homerton ward with some sections going to Lea Bridge ward and Hackney Wick ward.
- "Hackney Ward population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-08-22. Retrieved 2014-02-14.
- London Borough of Hackney (Electoral Arrangements) Order 1977
- Council Elections 2010 results - Chatham Archived May 10, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. (LB Hackney) accessed 11 May 2010
- LB Hackney Borough Profile[permanent dead link] "1.5 Population density", and table 1.10 "Population by ward, 2001" pp. 20; (LB Hackney, 2006) accessed 6 October 2009