Chatham Harbour, Weddell Island
Chatham Harbour (former name States Bay, Spanish: Puerto de San Joseph, Puerto de San José) is the large bay indenting the central part of Weddell Island in the Falkland Islands. It is entered east of Beacon Point and west of Loop Head. The 3 km wide bay extends 5 km in southeast direction, this part of the feature forming an anchorage named Bald Road, and north of Clay Point turning for 10 km in southwest direction. Chatham Harbour is centred at Coordinates: .
States Cove (former names States Harbour, Hussey Harbour) is an estuary on the southeast side of Chatham Harbour, centred at .
- The Falkland Islands. Scale 1:401280 map. London: Edward Stanford, 1901
- Falkland Islands Explorer Map. Scale 1:365000. Ocean Explorer Maps, 2007
- Falklands Topographic Map Series. Scale 1:50000, 29 sheets. DOS 453, 1961-1979
- Falkland Islands. Scale 1:643000 Map. DOS 906. Edition 3-OS, 1998
- Map 500k--xm20-4. 1:500000 map of Weddell Island and part of West Falkland. Russian Army Maps (for the world)
- Approaches to the Falkland Islands. Scale 1:1500000 chart. Gps Nautical Charts, 2010
- Illustrated Map of Weddell Island
- B. Stonehouse (ed.). Encyclopedia of Antarctica and the Southern Oceans. Chichester, West Sussex: John Wiley & Sons, 2002. 404 pp. ISBN 978-0-471-98665-2
- C.H. Barnard. A Narrative of the Sufferings and Adventures of Capt. Charles H. Barnard, in a Recent Voyage Round the World, Including an Account of His Residence for Two Years on An Uninhabited Island. New York: J.P. Callender, 1836
- P.P. King and R. Fitzroy. The South America Pilot. Part II. From the Rio de la Plata to the Bay of Panama, including Magellan Strait, the Falkland, and Galapagos Islands. Fifth Edition. London: Printed for the Hydrographic Office, Admiralty, 1860. pp. 116-118
|This Weddell Island-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|