|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||0474-259*** & 0474-2059***|
|Nearest city||Kollam City (16 km)|
|Nearest Town||Chathannoor, Paravur (8 km)|
Chathannoor is a town in Kerala situated at the Kollam District on the banks of Ithikkara River. It is about 16 km from Kollam City. Chathannoor is around 55 km north of the state capital Thiruvananthapuram.
Chathannoor is located at National Highway 66 (Formerly NH 47)connects Panavel and Kanyakumari and passes through Chathannoor. NH 66 passes through the centre of the town. The nearest railway Station is Paravur. Kollam Railway station is 16 km from the town and is well connected by buses. The nearest airport is Thiruvananthapuram International Airport.. Chathannoor is well connected to other parts of Kerala by road.
Chathanoor town comes under Kollam (Lok Sabha constituency). Chathannoor assembly constituency includes one Municipality, Paravur, and 6 other panchayaths namely Adichanalloor, Chathannoor, Kalluvathukkal, Chirakkara, Poothakkulam and Pooyappally
G.S Jayalal is the present M.L.A.(2016–2021) representing Chathannoor in Kerala Legislature Assembly. Chathannoor has produced three ministers of Kerala State Cabinet, Sri.P. Ravindran, Sri. J.Chitharanjan and Sri. C.V.Padmarajan
- sree Bootha Natha Temple
- Kanjiramvila Bhagavathi Temple
- Ananthagiri Sree Subramanya Swamy Temple Thazham
- Kanjirathumvila Bhagavathi Temple
- Chennamath Shiva Temple
- Sri Melootu Kulangara Bhagavati Temple
- Vilappuram Bhagavathy Temple
- Vayalunada Bhagavathi Temple
- Varinjam Sree Subramanya Swamy Temple
- Sree Madankave Temple Uramvila
- Meenadu Sree dharmashastha Temple
- Kollakkuzhi Sree Bhaghavathi Temple
- Valiyaveedu Sree Bhaghavathi Temple
- Adichanalloor Chenthitta Bhagavati Kshetram
- Adichanalloor Perumaalkunnu Sree Mahavishnu Kshethram
- Varinjam Sree Mahadevar Temple
- Pattupana devi temple koippadu
- St. Thomas Malankara Catholic Church.
- St. George Orthdoox Church (valiya palli)
- Immanuel Marthoma Church
- Sree Koshnakavu Temple ,Edanadu,Chathannoor
- Thekkevila sree Durga Devi temple paniyil
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Kerala. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 October 2008. Retrieved 20 October 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chathannoor.|