|• Total||4,608 km2 (1,779 sq mi)|
|• Density||4.9/km2 (13/sq mi)|
|Time zone||GMT +5 (UTC+5)|
Chatkal is a raion (district) of Jalal-Abad Region in western Kyrgyzstan. The capital lies at Kanysh-Kyya. Its area is 4,608 square kilometres (1,779 sq mi), and its resident population was 22,490 in 2009.
Urban-type settlements, rural communities and villages
In total, Chatkal District includes 4 rural communities (aiyl okmotus). Each rural community can consist of one or several villages. The rural communities and settlements in the Chatkal District are:
- Kanysh-Kyya aiyl okmotu (center - village Kanysh-Kyya, and also villages Aygyr-Jar, Bashky-Terek, Korgon-Say, Kyzyl-Tokoy, Chakmak-Suu)
- Jangy-Bazar aiyl okmotu (center - village Jangy-Bazar, and also villages Ak-Tash, Kurulush)
- Sumsar rural community (Sumsar)
- Terek-Say rural community (Terek-Say)
- Enrin.grida.no Archived August 2, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- 2009 population census of the Kyrgyz Republic: Jalal-Abad Region at the Wayback Machine (archived 10 August 2011)
- List of rural communities of Kyrgyzstan
- 2012 Law on the transformation of individual urban settlements of the Kyrgyz Republic and relating them to the category of village or city
|This Jalal-Abad region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|