Amtrak/Metrolink train platforms
|Location||10046 Old Depot Plaza Road |
Chatsworth, California 91311
|Owned by||City of Los Angeles|
|Line(s)||Southern California Regional Rail Authority|
|Platforms||2 side (Amtrak/Metrolink)|
1 side platform (Metro Liner)
|Bicycle facilities||16 rack spaces|
|Station code||Amtrak code: CWT|
|Opened||December 29, 1982 (CalTrain)|
June 30, 2012 (Metro)
|Passengers (2017)||72,278 1.61% (Amtrak)|
Chatsworth Transportation Center is an intermodal passenger transport station in the Los Angeles community of Chatsworth, California. It is a train station for Amtrak and Metrolink. It is also served by the Metro Busway bus rapid transit system. The station includes a passenger waiting area and a small railroad museum. There is no Amtrak ticket office.
It is served by Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner from San Luis Obispo to San Diego, Metrolink's Ventura County Line from Los Angeles Union Station to East Ventura, and the Metro Orange Line to North Hollywood.
Of the 73 California stations served by Amtrak, Chatsworth was the 32nd-busiest in FY2010, boarding or detraining an average of approximately 140 passengers daily.
The site originally was home to several Southern Pacific railroad stations; the last had been demolished by Southern Pacific in 1962. The station opened as an infill station on the short-lived CalTrain line on December 29, 1982, only to close just over two months later. The current station building was constructed in 1996. A station platform has existed since 1992.
2008 Chatsworth train collision
On September 12, 2008, a westbound Metrolink Ventura County Line train was involved in the 2008 Chatsworth train collision after it had departed this station. It collided head-on with a Union Pacific freight train in Chatsworth.
2012 Orange Line Chatsworth extension
The 4 miles (6.4 km) Metro Orange Line Chatsworth extension opened June 30, 2012 and terminates at this station. The extension runs south to the Canoga station where it connects to the older portion of the Orange Line which runs to North Hollywood station.
|Northbound||■ Pacific Surfliner||toward San Luis Obispo (Simi Valley)|
|■ Ventura County Line||toward East Ventura (Simi Valley)|
|■ Coast Starlight||No stops|
|Southbound||■ Pacific Surfliner||toward San Diego-Union Station (Van Nuys)|
|■ Ventura County Line||toward L.A. Union Station (Northridge)|
|■ Coast Starlight||No stops|
- Metro Busway
|Southbound||■ Orange Line||toward North Hollywood (Nordhoff)|
10 Pacific Surfliner trains serve the station daily and 20 Metrolink trains serve the station each weekday.
Metro Busway service
Orange Line service operates 24 hours a day.
- Metro Local: 158, 166, 167, 244, 245, 364
- City of Santa Clarita Transit: 791
- LADOT Commuter Express: 419
- Simi Valley Transit: C
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Train Web: Chatsworth".
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2010, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-01-24. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- Great American Stations Accessed January 30, 2013.
- "Los Angeles Times coverage of the Metrolink accident".
- "Metro Orange Line Timetable" (PDF). Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority. June 24, 2018. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chatsworth Station.|
- Amtrak California Station Info Page
- Chatsworth at the Metrolink website
- Chatsworth Station Photos
- LA Metro Orange Line — Chatsworth Extension - project website
- Revitalizing America's Train Stations - Chatsworth (Amtrak)
- Chatsworth Park Railroad Station, 1893, CSUN Oviatt Library Digital Archives
- Chatsworth (2nd) Depot 1950's, CSUN Oviatt Library Digital Archives
- Chatsworth(CWT)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)